2 weekends ago was the beginning of our week from... well you get the idea! What was suppose to be a nice quiet, relaxing weekend for our little family turned out to be anything but! We packed our gear and headed north to camp for the weekend.
We were able to enjoy ourselves on Friday night. The campsite was perfect (we'll go back soon!) The girls had a great time playing while we set up camp. We sat around the campfire and were all asleep by 8:00!
We woke up Saturday morning to... 
Kenney SICK as a dog. For those of you who don't know Kenney has type 1 diabetes. He was throwing up and just looked terrible. I said "Let's go home and I'll take you to urgent care" Being the manly man that he is he said "No I just have the flu... I'm fine." In my heart I knew he wasn't fine. I immediately packed camp up by myself. Now I'm not going to lie, I'm a pretty strong girl! I can hold my own... but packing up camp was hard work! Anyways we rushed home dropped the girls off at Aubree's (Thanks again!) And Kenney said "I think you need to take me to the hospital." WHAT THE...?!? So we headed to the ER. Kenney had gone into DKA (Diabetic Ketoacidosis)
We were able to enjoy ourselves on Friday night. The campsite was perfect (we'll go back soon!) The girls had a great time playing while we set up camp. We sat around the campfire and were all asleep by 8:00!
We woke up Saturday morning to... 
Kenney SICK as a dog. For those of you who don't know Kenney has type 1 diabetes. He was throwing up and just looked terrible. I said "Let's go home and I'll take you to urgent care" Being the manly man that he is he said "No I just have the flu... I'm fine." In my heart I knew he wasn't fine. I immediately packed camp up by myself. Now I'm not going to lie, I'm a pretty strong girl! I can hold my own... but packing up camp was hard work! Anyways we rushed home dropped the girls off at Aubree's (Thanks again!) And Kenney said "I think you need to take me to the hospital." WHAT THE...?!? So we headed to the ER. Kenney had gone into DKA (Diabetic Ketoacidosis)
That was the scariest thing I have experienced in my life thus far. He was in a bed and all hooked up within 30 minutes. Record time in an emergency room! The nurse comes in and informs me that he will spend the next few days in ICU. Kenney's sugars were at 600. Normal is 100 and just so you have an idea, when he was first diagnosed with the disease at 19 years old his sugars were 472. So he was in BAD shape. We stayed the next few days in ICU then were released to the main floor. That was a good day! They got his sugars under control and let us go home.
So this is a really common picture in our home right now... Kenney testing his sugars!
HUGE shout-out to everyone who has helped us these past few weeks! Thank you for all the yummy meals, all the help with the girls, subs for my classes, the phone calls checking on us, the cleaning and laundry that was done and for your prayers! I know sometimes it takes bumps in the road to realize what's really important in life. Relying on family, good friends and the Lord have all made this bearable! Thank You Everyone!
HUGE shout-out to everyone who has helped us these past few weeks! Thank you for all the yummy meals, all the help with the girls, subs for my classes, the phone calls checking on us, the cleaning and laundry that was done and for your prayers! I know sometimes it takes bumps in the road to realize what's really important in life. Relying on family, good friends and the Lord have all made this bearable! Thank You Everyone!It has been a pretty quiet little while at home! The girls have really enjoyed playing outside. One of their favorite things to do is dress up. (Please take a close look at Livy's left cheek! Love it! That girl's cheeks are constantly hanging out. She gets so tired of picking wedgies when we swim from her swim suit that she just yanks it up into her crack so it stays!!)
Hailey and I were able to sneek in a much needed pedicure!

Hailey and I were able to sneek in a much needed pedicure!
And Kenney and I celebrated out 7th Anniversary! I can't believe it has been 7 years already. I have loved every bit of the ride we have been on. I am thankful for the ups that keep us happy and sane and the downs that make us stronger!
So... long story short, we are up'n at-em once again! Phew!
17 comments:
Ahh Mandy I am soo sorry to hear that you had to go through that with Ken. How scary! I am glad he is doing ok! Its nice that people actually get to take care of you for once, you are ALWAYS helping and serving others! You are a sweetheart!
I'm sorry to hear about Kenney. I hope he is feeling better. Let me know if you need anything at all. And I can't believe it has been 7 years either...holy cow! :) You guys are awesome! XO
I am glad everything is back to normal. Your family was starting to scare me! You forgot to tell about Livy bein in the ER the same week!! I am glad all is well! You look AMAZING by the way! I am so excited to see you guys SOOOON!!!
YIKES!! I'm so glad that you have people you can count on to help you out! What a horrible experience for you guys to go through... glad it all turned out okay though
Congrats on 7 years! Isn't it amazing how the time goes by? I look back and sometimes it feels like it's gone so fast, and other times it feels like I have known Hubby forever! :)
Ok I am a horrible friend! I didnt know any thing about this!!! I am so sorry I wasnt there to help out!!! How scary! I am so glad he is doing so much better!
Congrats on 7th years! Whooo!!!
Hey so sorry to hear about your hubby. That would freak me out. I have seen things go wrong with patients, but when it is your own husband that would be even worse. I'm glad he is ok. Congrats on the anniversary!
Glad everything went ok and your hubby is home and getting better. When you are single and have no kids life doesn't seem so fragile but it's amazing how your perspective changes when you get married and start having kids. I love the pic of your daughter with the panties up her bum!! She has her backpack on but the suitcase bar still pulled up!! Gotta love that.
Wow, what a crazy week, we are soooo glad everything is now o.k. We love all of you so much, looks like it would have been the perfect camping spot. I love Hailey being so adventurous on the swing and getting a girlie pedicure! And Livy, oh Livy, what a cute picture of her leading Roscoe to his food, and I love her back pack and cutest cheeks ever! Before you know it the cute little girls will be grown and you and Ken will be having your 30th!
Mandy - I really can't believe that you guys went through that! I'm SO glad that Ken is doing better! Our husbands really need to listen to us more often! I love all the pics of your beautiful girls! Watch out in the future for those dang boys! I also love the last picture of you & Ken - you guys are such a HOT couple! Let us know if you guys need anything! Especially since we always seem to let you guys know when we are in need :)
oh you're so beautiful Mandy. And What a woman! I always knew you were so strong. Way to trust your gut. That is very scary and you are a lifesaver, literally. He is so lucky to have you and those girls are just so cute and lucky too to have your as their momma. I hope Ken is feeling better and getting back to his normal self. No fun.
I'm so glad that things are better Mandy. We have been praying for you guys.
Bless your little hearts. Nice attitude Mand. :) I'm so glad Ken is feeling better & he's back home. You were definitely in our prayers. How 'bout a shout out to modern medicine? Wahoo!
Happy Anniversary! We'll see you next Saturday!
Mandy! I'm so glad Kenny's doing better! That had to be SO scary for you! I can't imagine! You're so strong! Sorry I couldn't help out more, we've just had a crazy month too! (not as crazy as yours though!)
You are a dang trooper- and so is Kenny! That is soo scary- I am glad that everything is ok. I wish I would have known sooner so I could have helped ya- but dont hesitate to let us know if you ever need ANYTHING! AND- Happy Anniversary! 7 YEARS- Congratulations!!!!
Wow Mandy! That is really scary! Thank goodness for "womens intuition" and thank goodness you got him back as soon as you did. What a nightmare! I hope Kenny's doing better and that your ok too! Happy anniversary! Hopefully next years anniversary will be a little more peaceful for you guys! :)
Way to take charge Mandy! Glad that things have calmed down...it would be nice to experience "calm" right? I was actually thinking about the BBQ and walk the other day. I hope this can count as our RSVP!
p.s. I love that when something crazy happens you always leave on a good note!
Kylee
Post a Comment