We were thankful to be here in the DC area for one last 4th of July. We are making the most of our last few weeks here in Virginia. We hope to pack in as many museum and monuments as we can because... we are moving once again! That's right YA'LL we're FIXIN' to move to Texas at the beginning of August!!!
We had the best 4th of July. There really is something magical about being at the Nations Capitol on the 4th! This will be marked as one of those days you hope to never forget. We started the day with a good ol' small town parade! Here are the girls before we left.
Olivia asked if she could have a "hair blog" hairdo... There are a few hair blogs that the girls and I like to look at and Olivia remembered one that looked like a star.. that's what she wanted!
Kenney waiting for the parade...
Hailey girl...
My Livy and yours truly...

After the parade (it lasted 5 minutes!) we went to go to Kenney's work party. It was at the Arlington Cemetery. What an experience! They did such a great job with the party. The food was great and they had all kinds of activities for the kiddos to help pass the time!
Bubbles the Clown made balloons...

The face painting clown was fantastic!!!

Thank you Feather the Clown!
That is one happy princess!
And one silly butterfly!
I am telling you it was amazing being at the cemetery while the fireworks were shooting off over the Washington Monument. Very surreal. One of the Boeing reps gave a little speech and she was talking about being surrounded by those who gave their lives in service so we could all enjoy the freedoms we have today. It all hit home. We truly had a front row seat with some of our countries finest that night. A big thank you to all those who make sacrifices on our behalf.
We had the best 4th of July. There really is something magical about being at the Nations Capitol on the 4th! This will be marked as one of those days you hope to never forget. We started the day with a good ol' small town parade! Here are the girls before we left.
Olivia asked if she could have a "hair blog" hairdo... There are a few hair blogs that the girls and I like to look at and Olivia remembered one that looked like a star.. that's what she wanted!
Kenney waiting for the parade...
Hailey girl...
My Livy and yours truly...
After the parade (it lasted 5 minutes!) we went to go to Kenney's work party. It was at the Arlington Cemetery. What an experience! They did such a great job with the party. The food was great and they had all kinds of activities for the kiddos to help pass the time!
Bubbles the Clown made balloons...
The face painting clown was fantastic!!!
Thank you Feather the Clown!
That is one happy princess!
And one silly butterfly!
I am telling you it was amazing being at the cemetery while the fireworks were shooting off over the Washington Monument. Very surreal. One of the Boeing reps gave a little speech and she was talking about being surrounded by those who gave their lives in service so we could all enjoy the freedoms we have today. It all hit home. We truly had a front row seat with some of our countries finest that night. A big thank you to all those who make sacrifices on our behalf.





11 comments:
So freakin cute!! Those dresses are awesome...please tell me you didn't make them. You're still planning on giving me a hair tutorial when I have girl's right?
Wow, being at the cemetery for the 4th of July must have been incredible! The girls look adorable! Good luck with the move!!!
Congrats to Kenny! What part of Texas?? We still have our house there, in Austin. You will be amazed by how cheap it is to live there, especially compared to DC. Have fun! The girls look cute!!
The girls are adorable! You know part of D.C. is spending time with us....right? Love you guys!
Your girls are too cute! I can't believe you are moving again. Are your girls excited? That will be cool to experience different places. Too bad you can't snap your fingers and you are already moved!
Oh man, I bet it was so cool being there, I can only imagine. It gave me chills looking at your pictures....too cool. I can't believe you are moving again! It seems like you just did. What part of Texas? I am excited for you guys. Good luck!
Looks like you had a fun fourth! I love the face paintings... so cute. Good luck with all the packing and then the move.
AAAHHH!! Thank you so much, we love you too!! What a fabulous fourth of July!! So glad you can enjoy all the sights in DC and really appreciate the freedoms we have and those who sacrificed to help us have them!!
So, so, so cute!!! You need to come back to teach me how to do hair - seriously! Mandy you are gorgeous. Your hair is so long and looks fab! Tate was so excited to see pics of Hailey and wanted to watch the video over and over. I still can't figure out how to put videos on my blog - maybe someday.
WHOA!! Texas! Where did that come from? Do you think you'll ever come back to Arizona? Not that I would wish this weather on you, it stinks! It's so darn HOT! Good luck with moving, I hope all goes well. The girls look adorable, of course!
Wow! You guys are quite the movers! Glad we have blogs so we can keep track of you. I bet you are super busy packing and getting ready for the move. Your girls are still as cute as ever. And yes, I'm with Aubree, I want a hair tutorial please. Thats an idea for your next post ;)
Post a Comment