Saturday, August 8, 2009

Last Days in Virginia

It is insane to me how fast time flies! We have had a jam packed month. Full of ups and downs and all arounds! Tomorrow is our last night in our house here in Virginia. We have loved this home. We have grown so much as a family in the past year. We have been thankful for most (not all) of the events that have taken place in this little home on Arley Drive!! We will miss our neighborhood. It has been truly wonderful. Here's a peek at our eventful July/August...

Kenney and I went Kayaking on the Potomac River. We had such a good time. We were trying it out to see if Kayaks need to make their way into our budget... and the answer is yes!

On a few of the mornings I had Physical Therapy Kenney had to take the girls to work with him. I thought it was so cute when I went into his office to find them eating breakfast!
Ever since we took the girls to see Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian they wanted to go see the castle museum. (It has a name... I don't know it) It was fun watch them put it all together!

We had a tea party for lunch... grilled chicken, carrots, cucumbers and oranges were the foods requested. And little chocolates for dessert.
My grandma is a tea set collector. The girls got to use the special stuff for this party... so they had to put on their party dresses!
I love Liv's concentration face.
Some friends in the neighborhood planned a going away pool party for us. This is my friend Dianne. We met at one of the gyms I taught at. I will really miss this gal. She has been my training buddy and best friend here. She has pushed me... inspired me and taken me places I never thought I could! She is doing a 50 miler for her 40th birthday this year. Crazy lady!
"Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same."
Hailey, Livy and 2 friends from school.
Hailey and all her buddies. She was in a class with only 9 girls... she has way more boyfriends than girlfriend here.
This is Liv with our buddies Brooke and Savannah. Olivia absolutely adores them. She cried for a good 30 minutes when we had to say goodbye.
Hailey asked if she could say goodbye to her teacher. We went up to the school and had a lunch date with her!
Here are some of my friends from my morning class the rec center. They had a surprise party for me. I will truly miss this group. They were a riot!! Don't let the innocent faces fool you!
We took the girls to Build-a-Bear. We wanted them to make a bear for them to remember Virginia. Hailey's dog is named Arley (after the street we lived on)
Olivia's bear is named Savannah.
Rub your nose for good luck...
We went to the Dulles Air and Space Museum. It was super cool! Olivia had tons of fun looking at the planes and space ships...
Kenney has wanted to see this museum for a while. I think it shows on his face how excited he was to be finally go there! (P.S. sweetie... you look so hot when you smile in pictures!)
In front of the Blackbird... I won't tell you the words Kenney used to describe some of these planes... They fly fast and do lots of damage.... that's all I know!
In front of a space shuttle. Huge!
We had to get a shot in front of the one that said Boeing on it.
Phew... this hasn't taken an hour! Next post will be from Texas! Wish us luck!!

10 comments:

Tyson & Tera Smith said...

Good luck, Mandy! I'm sad you guys are leaving there for some reason, I could tell you really liked it. I know you'll love Texas though and I look forward to your next post! What part are you moving to? Amanda used to live in Austin and I'd go visit her there. I loved it. It had a neat "feel" to it. Best of luck, dude!

Verity said...

WOW, your family knows how to say goodbye with STYLE! Best of luck the next few days!

dustin and jessie said...

It's about time you posted some new photos. We were wondering if you were waiting until you got to Dallas. Anyway, Loved the photos, you guys look great.

Marie said...

Texas is gonna be so boring for you guys after having all those museums to visit. You guys always do so much fun stuff as a family. You all look fabulous. All you girls are just gorgeous. I'm excited to see pics from Texas. Happy Trails!

Jen West said...

Mandy, so fun to see what your family is doing! I have been checking for you and I am glad you are back... to check in at least:) Good luck in your move and getting settled in Texas. Hope all goes smoothly for you!

The Gardners said...

Wow! You guys have been busy! Good luck with your move. I know you'll do great!

The Tolboe family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ashton & Co. said...

Good luck with the move! Hope yo uare doing good...the pics of hte girls are always sooooo cute! I love peeking into your life. :) Keep in touch!

Alloro said...

I am so behind on my blog reading!! I love it! You guys have had an amazing time but we are so excited to have you MUCH closer. :)

Cameron and Jenny Webb said...

Mandy - I always love hearing about what you guys are up to. You are such a cute mom. (And you're a cute dad, too, Ken! LOL)!
So, Dallas, huh? Neat! We need to catch up soon. Do you still have my phone number? I don't know if I have yours now since I'm sure it has changed since you lived here! Call me sometime! :) Jenny