Monday, August 24, 2009

1st Grade

Here she is... our big 1st grader! Hailey went to bed last night in tears. She told me she was so scared. Then Livy was crying because she was loosing her playmate, and we all know I was in tears and Kenney just sat back shaking his head!! Hailey popped out of bed at 6am ready to go! This morning her fears went away and she was ready to face the day head on! Me on the other hand... the tears come and go! I hit the gym right after I dropped Hailey off then grabbed a Sonic coke and watched Hailey play on the playground at recess... I'm not a soccer mom... I'm a stalker mom! But she was playing with a little friend and that made me happy! I don't worry about her... she is strong and can hold her own, she was just a little timid going to this big new school. As for the school... it's fantastic! They have 7 1st grade classes and when I got home there was an email from the principal with an overview of how the say was going. He must have known I needed that!!

Here are some pictures of the morning... Hailey on her big day!!!

Thanks for the cute smile Liv!!
Her backpack is so huge it makes my arm look like it's in left field!

Walking into class...
This is her teacher. She is a doll! She is a Texan thru and thru!!!
At her desk... ready to work!!
Hailey is going to have a great year! I can't wait to see what 1st grade has in store for her!!! And for me... I'll be fine!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe our babies are in first grade! I had such a hard time and so did Trey. His teacher told me to leave...so I left him screaming for me! It's been 2 weeks now, and he has been fine. It comes and goes for me. I am glad that he loves it...but on the other hand...it just shows he is growing up! Hailey looks so cute for the first day! I am glad the move went well too!

Melissa said...

Your girls are so cute! I'm glad that the first day went well. I'm sure that she'll make lots of great friends and have a wonderful year :)

Steve, Maggie, Janie said...

Hey girl- Hailey looks absolutely adorable and like she's aged a year in the past two weeks. I love the goat video. Miss you guys like this fat kid misses your sugar cookies....yum. Hugs for all!

Alloro said...

It's amazing how time flies! Eric and I were driving by Waterford apts the other day and I was telling him that's where you used to live. :) It is amazing how fast the time has gone by.

the Painters said...

Good job on being so brave Hailey!
Adorable Mandy, as always, you are all so adorable. I love the way you describe things. I can totally see Kenny sitting there during all the girlie emotional drama and just shaking his head. HAHA! So funny!
I love H's teacher too. Yes she is not only a texan thru and thru, but a DALLAS Texan. I told you! Big hair and lots of makeup. YEEHAW!

dustin and jessie said...

HAILEY, when did you get old enough for 1ST GRADE??!! You are so beautiful, your teacher looks fun, your school is so big, and Livy looks like she wants follow in her big sisters footsteps. I cried the day I took each of my kids to 1st grade too ...

Verity said...

You made it! Can't wait to hear all about your big adventures in Texas. Makes me a little homesick! :)

The Hammond Family Blog said...

Mandy your blog is so cute!!! I am glad you made it through the first day too. It is hard to let your little ones go to school. They seem so little and fragile. (I love your little girls bday party and the Pinkalicious book too)
Sesha

Kippy said...

Your girls ar just as cute as ever. I am so glad you are liking Texas so far. What an adventure!