Monday, July 16, 2007

I got tagged!

Alright... i am sure you are all dying to know more me (thanks for tagging me Heather!) Seems that my girls completely consume me and I forget to tell you much about myself, so here goes.... 7 things you may or may not know about me!

1. My day can't officially start until I get a "fresh one!" That would be either a diet dr. pepper or diet coke! It depends on where I go! (I like my drinks straight from the fountain on ice... hence the name "fresh one!") So, at QT... it's diet DP and Sonic it's a diet cherry vanilla coke! AHH!

2. I love... I mean LOVE to host parties. Any kind of party, BBQ's, Birthday's, shower's... you name it. If it involves making an invitation, planning a menu (including making a list! I love to make lists, just so I can cross off each item as it gets done... it gives me a sense of accomplishment!) cooking yummy food, (another one of my favorite things to do!) decorating, making sure everything coordinates and matches... I AM IN!!! So go ahead ask Kenney... he will tell you that I look forward to getting a bigger house so I can host more parties! It's not the fact that I will have places to put things and I won't have to pay for a storage unit... it's that I will get to entertain more!

3. Call me crazy if you want... but I love to clean and organize! Every closet, drawer and cupboard is organized. Everything has it's own container sealed with a lid and labeled! One of the best purchases I have ever made... my label maker! You should have seen me the day I got it! Watch out... I was having so much fun even the girls got labeled (with their names of course!) The smell of a clean house really makes me happy. Spring Cleaning is a monthly adventure... because I love to do it, really! And if we are home, a candle is burning. I love good smells! Cleaning and organizing is like therapy for me. I get some of my best thinking done while I am up to my elbows in Clorox!

4. I love to throw things away. If it gets left out or hasn't been used in a while, it's gone. Partly because of my organizing issues and party because I like thing that look new, so I'll just buy another one. I obviously keep important things, but don't leave your stuff out at my house... you may not be able to find it later! Wink, wink!

5. I have freakishly amazing feet! They are like having another set of hands! If my hands are full and I need to pick something up... yip, I use my feet! I can pick up a baseball with those bad boys! My friend use to make fun of me and say that I could cook with them if I tried... don't worry I won't be attempting that one anytime soon!

6. I will jump at any chance I get to put my creative mind to good use. Here are some of my favorite things to do... I love to sew (thank you Lynda for letting me take sewing class with your 8 yr old students!) to make jewelry, to paint, to scrapbook cards and hand-outs (I haven't actually made a scrapbook yet... maybe someday when I have more time on my hands!) I love to bake and I love to decorate! I love to be creative!

7. I am a SUCKER for reality TV shows. American Idol, and my new favorite... So you think you can dance. For some reason watching them makes me feel like... I could do that! I become a singing sensation during the entire season of American Idol. Even though I couldn't carry a tune if my life depended on it. And I get choked up on the finally show. David Hasselhoff isn't the only one! And every week after So you think you can dance... I want to get off the couch and just start shaking it! Again... I have really been accused of having "no rhythm!" Truly. I am just a white girl from Rexburg Idaho, what do you expect?!!! I would love to learn to dance though! Ohh, that's a scary thought!

Phew! There you have it! That was fun, now Heather (Brown), Anjane', Bekah, Melissa, Sommer and Aubree... it's your turn. Tell us 7 interesting things about you!

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey! You have some talents that I really wish I had... such as organizing. I have two different friends that have actually taken their organizational skills to a new level - they have businesses where they go in and help people get their homes and lives organized. Sigh... I am a recovering pack rat. Moving 11 times in the last 9 years (not including the times we moved home for the summer in college for jobs) has made me rethink a lot of things - I try to get rid of things as soon as I see they don't have a purpose. But, there's still a little pack rat in me that won't let some things go...:S

daughterofkim said...

Love it! I'm so glad you did it. I learned many new treats about you. You can totally come over & clean my house (with your feet). Look at you, you could be a total circus act. :)

Aubree said...

WOW!!You are good at a lot of things. I'm surprised you didn't throw in your crazy dart throwing skills. I'm sure if it was list 8 things, instead of 7, you would have added that! You are awesome!

Heather Brown said...

I wish I had as many talents as you! I will have to think for at least a week to make my list like yours!!!

Heather Brown said...

But at least I can say YEAH THATS RIGHT THATS MY SISTER!!!

Mandy Abbott said...

Alright guys... I'm not trying to say i'm talented! Just simply telling you things I enjoy, no one said I was good!! HAHA! As for my feet, yea that's definately a talent and I am really proud of it!

Heather Brown said...

I know your not bragging. But it is things you are good at! Come clean my house and throw everything away we don't need! I might go on a cleaning rampage this weekend!!! At least you taught me how to pinch people with my toes!! Jason loves it! haha

Natalie said...

Hey you!! Your Family is still cute is ever and i cannot believe how big Olivia is! she was just a baby when i saw her last. Hailee is still a cutie! So how are things going? anything new besides being a super cleaner!! hahahahah j/k you are the best at that. Well i love this blog thing! it was nice to find you on here, keep in touch! Tell kenny congrats for graduating! I cant wait until steve is done!

Anonymous said...

I just now read this- and got to the end- but as I was reading I thought to myself, "Wow- she is really clever, and has a lot of interesting things that she does, So Not Me!" Then I get to the end and see that I have been TAGGED! Thank you so much- but I have NO CLUE what to write! Guess I better get to thinking- this could take a while! :-)