Yesterday I had surgery. It went better than I could have imagined. Going into the surgery I didn't know if I would be waking up in a hospital bed... or getting to go home. Luckily I was able to go home. For the past several years I have gotten huge cysts on my ovaries. Last year they took out my left ovary. Over this past year I have gotten several cysts on my right ovary and this last one was pretty big. My doctor decided the best solution was to take the ovary out. I was so nervous going into this surgery. More nervous than ever. I think mostly because we are in a new place and my momma wasn't here to take care of me! But let me tell you... This area, my ward family and my neighborhood family... are all amazing people. We had a friend from the ward here at 5:30 am. She got the girls up and Hailey off to school. We then had a girl from our Sunday School class come over to play with Olivia. She is such a doll and was so sweet with Olivia in fact... she put every babysitter we have ever had to shame! They did all kinds of art projects and played their little hearts out. The girls were suppose to go to another families house later that day, but since we got home we didn't need them to go over there. The girls were so upset they didn't get to go play, so we called them and the girls went to play for a little while anyways! And they even came home with cookies for us. We had dinner brought in by my one of my fabulous visiting teachers last night and the other one is bringing it in tonight. And our sweet Relief Society President is bringing dinner on Sunday.
Kenney has been nothing short of completely amazing. He has brought me meals in bed, kept the house in perfect order, he did all the ironing and even bought me flowers! I am so thankful for him and for the good man he is!
The girls have been wonderful. Every time I woke up yesterday there was some sort of surprise waiting by me bed. One time it was slippers for my feet, another time I had a bag of cookies by my face. Every time I was throwing up, they were right there rubbing my back and getting me washcloths. Olivia checks in about every 10 minutes. Sometimes it's to ask me if I feel okay and others it's just to give me a kiss. I have two little angels and I am so thankful for them.
My wonderful neighbor made the best bread and brought a loaf of it over. Whole wheat cinnamon raisin bread. It is delicious. And my dear friend brought over cinnamon rolls that could put Cinnabon out of business!
We have had so many phone calls checking in on us. Friends and family just checking in to make sure everything went okay.
I am so thankful for modern medicine. For good doctors and surgeons. I am thankful for technology and everything that comes along with it!
And while my mom wasn't able to be here... I have felt her love! She calls to check in and I know she has been praying for me. Her, my dad and sister sent the most beautiful flowers. I have felt the prayers in my behalf from everyone. Thank you.
So, here's to angels who are placed in our path to watch over us and to protect us. Here's to a great support system that I can always count on! Here's to being in good hands. And here's to going through menopause at age 30! Hey.. at least the hot flashes will be here during the winter months!!
15 comments:
Mandy, I hope that you have a quick recovery! I am so sorry you have to go through this. I didn't know that you were still having problems with your other ovary. Good luck with everything. I wish I could be there to pay you a visit!
Wish we were with there. I LOVE YOU!!!
My word! I'm glad everything went okay... even if your brother's family didn't even know! :/ We love you guys, and we're praying for the best from our end of the world. Tell the girls I'm so proud of them for taking such good care of their cute mommy.
What a miracle that you could come home by noon! WOW! Rest easy, and call us if you need ANYTHING!
Friend! I got surgery on Friday too! I had a cyst removed from my wrist. Yes this is left hand typing at it's finest! Yours is much more severe. I'm so sorry. Hopefully this will solve a lot of problems. Good luck recovering. Isn't it funny the nicest thing anyone can do is keep the house in order? Yeah for organization and pain pills!!
Hey you! Glad to hear you are recovering well and being taken care of so well! I am sorry to hear you had to go through all that but I am so glad you are doing good. You get better soon!
I am so glad you were able to go home Friday!! Thanks Kenney, Hailey and Olivia for taking such good care of my little girl! I'm so glad you have great friends taking such good care of you too. It will be great to have my daughter tell me what menopause is like . . . that is kind of backwards! Your dad loves you too!! Happy recovery, don't do too much too fast!!
I hope you are doing good. Sorry you had to go through surgery. That is never fun. Get well soon.
So glad everything is well! You have an amazing family to take care of you! Your girls are so cute and how cute is Kenney! Have a speedy recovery and I will call you tomorrow since I am sure you are already in bed!!! I Love you Mandy!
Hi Mandy! You are so positive. I love that about you. I'm happy you were so well taken care of. Get well soon~ G
Mandy you really are one amazing person. I had no idea that you had another surgery. Glad it went well. It's nice to hear that you are surrounded by so many people just like yourself. I think about you so many times and how I want to be just like you. In fact, I just took dinner over to my neighbor the other day and thought, "What would Mandy take or make and how would she display her creation?" You are such an incredible example and you deserve the royal treatment. You are always taking care of those around you and making us feel so blessed to have such a wonderful friend in our lives - it's just being paid forward now! Get better and we will be thinking about you!
Oh I am so sorry. I hope you get better fast and are back to your normal active self! I am so glad people are stepping in and taking care of you.
We are so glad you are doing well. We missed you at church today. It just isn't the same with out your beautiful face. I am so glad that you are happy and things went well!
I am so late on this!! It sounds like you've had some good blessing during a hard time. I'm glad your girls are taking care of you! You've raised them well :)
I'm SO sorry that I haven't been able to check your blog lately! Geesh! I had no idea about the surgery! I'm glad to hear everything went well. I'm glad you have good friends there to help you. Being a member of the church is such a blessing in so many ways!
Post a Comment