Saturday, December 6, 2008

First snow!

For most this is no big deal... for me... pure heaven! We got our first snow today. I was taken back to my childhood playing in the snow all winter! We would listen to the radio in the mornings to see if it had snowed enough to cancel school... before they were even finished announcing we had all our snow gear on and were headed out the front door over to the park. I loved the snow growing up. Apparently I still do. Snow cones, snow men, snowball fights, snow caves and forts, sledding and skiing. We would be so cold our cheeks and nose were bright red and we didn't even care. We knew there's be a cup of hot cocoa waiting for us at the house! I didn't realize how much I missed it until it snowed today. I know, don't make fun of me... it barely snowed. But the girls faces instantly lit up and we had a blast playing in it!
"Hey Olivia smile!" Or just stick your tongue out at me! She was actually trying to catch snow flakes on her tongue.
So happy!
Hailey loved eating it!
And the got so cold their cheeks and noses turned red! But look at those smiles!


6 comments:

dustin and jessie said...

I remember those days. I put up our Christmas lights today, but I don't miss getting all bundled up and then freezing my mustache and you know what else off to put up the lights. Glad you had a great time. The pictures were fun.

Steve, Maggie, Janie said...

Oh sweetie. It's gonna be a long winter. just you wait. and lots of snow days for miss ha-ee. Get ready to play!

Logan & Lindy said...

I love Snow! You guys are going to have SOOO much fun all Winter! Reading your post brought back memerys of the same thing... Listening to the Radio to see if we had cancled School or Late Start! Sooo FUN!

Aubree said...

Cutest little girls with their little scarves on! So fun! I'm glad your excited about the snow. Okay so seriously Chris is going fishing next weekend. If I can swing it I"m headed your way. We will discuss it this week.

Jana said...

Fun fun fun!!! I love the snow...I think it was last year I saw some TV show where someone was basking in the first snow and I was so jealous and sad, because I miss the snow too! Ah, listening to the radio for snow days...yes indeed, my wonderful Flagstaff memories.
Lucky ducks!!

TravAndToni said...

I'm trying to imagine what it's like to be glad to see snow. We've been praising our good weather here this season, as we've only had one snowstorm thus far. I'm going to try and look at it with new eyes this year... try to imagine what it feels like to be excited for it. Tell the girls they are cute little "snow angels!"