Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Birthday Girl!

We had the best day today! Hailey turned 6 and we were on the go all day long! We started the day off by opening presents and getting ready for school. We took a few birthday girl pictures on the way out the door... "Now get one with me sitting mom.""Oh and let's do one with my sweater off too... so you can see my whole dress."Olivia and I went to Hailey's school during snack time to take doughnuts. Then we came home and decorated Hailey's room. Liv was such a champ all day. She was so excited for Hailey and her Birthday... I'm not sure who had a better day! She even said in the prayer at lunch... "Bless Hailey to have the best birthday ever and be a great happy birthday girl." She loves her sister!

After school when Olivia went down for her nap, Hailey got out the paint set she got for her birthday and went to town! Look at the concentration on that face. I'm pretty sure I've seen my dad do the exact same thing when he paints. Pull the head back a little to check it out to make sure it looks just right! Maybe she will grow up to be as good of an artist as he is!
We went to dinner and then the girls went to a Primary Activity Day tonight. Olivia isn't technically in Primary for 3 more weeks... but they asked if she wanted to stay. She was so excited. The kids decorated Christmas cookies and went caroling. They both had a blast.

Hailey, you are such a sweetheart. You bring so much joy into our little family. You are a great friend and sister. We are so proud of you! You touch the lives of everyone around you. You are a helpful little angel and I love you to pieces! Happy Birthday my darling!


10 comments:

TravAndToni said...

Happy Birthday Hailey! Your Uncle Travis and Aunt Toni and your cousins Miah and Erin love you so much and we are so proud of you! We're so glad you had such a great day to celebrate your birthday.

Aubree said...

How are you not laughing when filming Liv? So freakin cute! Happy Birthday Hailey!

dustin and jessie said...

It was so fun to talk to you this morning and to hear about your name for your new Webkin. "Charlie" should be a name for your horse, then you could have a charlie horse. Livy's song was adorable. Glad you had a great day. Did you save any donuts for us?

gina said...

Hailey and Emery share the same birthday!!! Who knew?

Ashton & Co. said...

I know I say this every time, but seriously your girls are SO cute! Happy b-day! I am glad to see you enjoying the snow! And I am glad to hear your surgery went well. Sorry to hear about that. I hope all is well! Take care! I need your address...

Jana said...

Happy Birthday, Hailey!!!!!!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a pretty fantastic day :) I love that you decorated her room! What a fun idea... I may have to steal it!

Bekah: said...

I love the last picture, so cute. It would be so cool if she took after your Dad. It looks as if she is well on her way!

Marie said...

Looks like the birthday girl had a fabulous day. Can't believe she is 6. We are getting old! Hope you're all surviving the cold weather. I think I would die there. I do not do cold, but the snow does look pretty fun!

Emily said...

Hi Mandy,
Ok, I think I've just spent the last hour reading your blog. I love it. So sad about your dog and daughter. It looks like it's healing well though. Your girls are so cute! I love this whole blog thing. It's so fun to get a peak into people's day to day lives. If you want check mine out www.camnem.blogspot.com