Alright, alright. It is way too early to have all our Christmas decor out and about already, I agree... but I had to get it done this year. We will have a very eventful and busy holiday season this year. Some good, some bad and some ugly! I wanted everything in order before Thanksgiving because shortly after I will be having BOTH my flippin knees operated on. Apparently I have fantastic knees and my doctor needs to redo the bad job on both my ACL's that was done a long time ago. I have been in so much pain with them and found a really good doctor who will help me stay "in the game" if you will. He is a sports medicine ortho who will help me with a speedy recovery. I am having the left knee (that ACL is really bad and ready to blow at any given moment.) done at the very beginning of December and the right one done at the beginning of January. (If all goes as planned) Blasted knees this will be surgery 6 and 7 on them and it BETTER be the last.
NOW onto better things.... So YES it is mid November and we had a blast decorating!!

A view from the kitchen.
The stockings are hung. And just so you know... I don't like the word hung. But I said it anyways. AND I'm super excited to get our family pictures done this week! The ones we have are a few years old...
And while we're at it... I'll take you on a little tour of the rest of the place. I have had so much fun decorating and painting. (Kenney won't let me say "we" because he doesn't think it was fun at all.) 9 gallons of paint... too many cans of spray paint to count and lots of curtains sewn.
Playroom...
Sorry for the blurry picture again...I am awesome at taking blurry pictures. Also never mind the black blob in the corner... it was a spider from Halloween!
One of my favorites... the frames were old frames from my grandma's house. I painted them black and hung them from a curtain rod. I cannot for the life of me figure out what pictures to put in them though. I will leave a few of them empty...
When we lived in Virginia we got an email from our church email list asking if anyone was interested in some free bedroom furniture and we jumped on it. All we had prior to this was a $20 Walmart 4 drawer dresser... the kind you nail the cardboard on the back of! I told Kenney I didn't care what it looked like. It was drawers to put clothes in and most importantly... it was free. Last weekend was spent sanding and spray painting and I'm very happy with it!
I am still trying to figure out what to put on the walls in place of the square thingy's the lamps need to be replaced and the stuff on the nightstands and more pillows and blah blah blah... it's all just a work in progress! Kenney just informed me that he hates the bed skirt. I think I like it. With a few more pillows to bring it all together and it'll be perfect. Plus his opinion doesn't count anyways, right?
Kitchen...
The girls room...

Olivia is always doing something fun at school! They had a Thanksgiving feast and were supposed to dress up! Hailey made this little dress in kindergarten and it worked great! The morning of the party Liv came to me and said in all seriousness... "Mom, I have a problem." I ask what her problem is and she proceeded to tell me they are having potatoes at school and she doesn't want to have any because there won't be any ranch at school and she doesn't like potatoes unless there is ranch on them!! We packed a little container of ranch for her.


A view from the kitchen.
The stockings are hung. And just so you know... I don't like the word hung. But I said it anyways. AND I'm super excited to get our family pictures done this week! The ones we have are a few years old...
And while we're at it... I'll take you on a little tour of the rest of the place. I have had so much fun decorating and painting. (Kenney won't let me say "we" because he doesn't think it was fun at all.) 9 gallons of paint... too many cans of spray paint to count and lots of curtains sewn. Here's our (Blurry) Dining room...
Playroom...
Sorry for the blurry picture again...I am awesome at taking blurry pictures. Also never mind the black blob in the corner... it was a spider from Halloween!
One of my favorites... the frames were old frames from my grandma's house. I painted them black and hung them from a curtain rod. I cannot for the life of me figure out what pictures to put in them though. I will leave a few of them empty...
When we lived in Virginia we got an email from our church email list asking if anyone was interested in some free bedroom furniture and we jumped on it. All we had prior to this was a $20 Walmart 4 drawer dresser... the kind you nail the cardboard on the back of! I told Kenney I didn't care what it looked like. It was drawers to put clothes in and most importantly... it was free. Last weekend was spent sanding and spray painting and I'm very happy with it!
I am still trying to figure out what to put on the walls in place of the square thingy's the lamps need to be replaced and the stuff on the nightstands and more pillows and blah blah blah... it's all just a work in progress! Kenney just informed me that he hates the bed skirt. I think I like it. With a few more pillows to bring it all together and it'll be perfect. Plus his opinion doesn't count anyways, right?
Kitchen...
The girls room...
Olivia is always doing something fun at school! They had a Thanksgiving feast and were supposed to dress up! Hailey made this little dress in kindergarten and it worked great! The morning of the party Liv came to me and said in all seriousness... "Mom, I have a problem." I ask what her problem is and she proceeded to tell me they are having potatoes at school and she doesn't want to have any because there won't be any ranch at school and she doesn't like potatoes unless there is ranch on them!! We packed a little container of ranch for her.

8 comments:
OK, I am speechless!! WOW! beautiful home ... fabulous decorating ... adorable girls ... now will you hurry up and get to Arizona!!
Your home is amazing!! You've done a fantastic job! I miss not being in my own home. I loved to paint and drill and put things all over the place. Renting is way too restrictive...
I hope you guys have a fantastic Thanksgiving!!
love you. miss you. give the girls hugs for me. sucks about the knees. tell me if you need a care package. jane still asks about them and when you are coming home.
Oh your house is so adorable. I wish I was better at decorating, my taste keeps changeing. Love the christmas thinking. We are starting ours this weekend.
You're house is beautiful. I am glad you are doing well. Good luck on the surgeries... no fun, especially during the holidays.
holy crap you had 2 acl's done...hope you recover well and get back to your super althletic self again! your place looks really good. didn't you just move recently? we've been here for 4yrs and still have painting to do! i love that you don't value your husband's opinion either! have fun during the holidays and tell the fam we say hi!
So so soooo cute!!! Love the new house, you did a fantastic job as always. :) Hope you had a great Turkey day vacation!
Okay I am in LOVE with your house! It is so beautiful! WOW! That's all i can say! Wish we could have seen you guys while you were in town - so sorry Livy got sick! Hope you guys had a great time with family though! Sure miss you!
Post a Comment