Is my little girl seriously old enough for school?! Wow. I have always heard how fast time flies... it is so true. I blinked my eyes and she went from being cradled in my arms to wearing a backpack! (At least the backpack is still bigger than she is!) As a mom I have really payed special attention to enjoying each day... every moment, and this is why. Before you know it, they are on their way out into the "real world!" Hailey is in afternoon pre-k, she has to be at school at noon. She was standing at the door, shoes and backpack on; ready to go at 11 saying... "Come on guys, we have to take me to school!"
The whole car ride to school she had the biggest grin on her face. She has this face she gets when she is really excited or happy about something. I usually notice t in the car. She stares out the window batting her big 'ol eyelashes pressing her lips together trying to hold back the biggest smile you have ever seen! I call it her happy face!
Listening to instructions!
High five for Miss Curley on the way into class! So Hailey grins all the way to school and I cried all the way home! I am such a softie for these girls and the things they do! I am so proud of Hailey and the sweet little girl she is. I know she will be a standout student. She is so full of life...it just radiates off of her! All those thoughts running thru my head along with the sad ones of having her grow up so fast all just came rushing out thru my eyeballs!
Kenney took the afternoon off so he could go with us to take Hailey to school and to pick her up! He is such a good dad, I love how he is always there! All afternoon Livy was saying: "Where Hailey go? Skool? I tan't go... I no hab a backpact!" She says the best things! We had a fun afternoon with Olivia; we all took a nap, ate Carmel Corn and watched Higglytown Heroes!
Kenney took the afternoon off so he could go with us to take Hailey to school and to pick her up! He is such a good dad, I love how he is always there! All afternoon Livy was saying: "Where Hailey go? Skool? I tan't go... I no hab a backpact!" She says the best things! We had a fun afternoon with Olivia; we all took a nap, ate Carmel Corn and watched Higglytown Heroes!
7 comments:
Oh you got me tearyed eyed just reading your blog. What is it about us Lyon girls. Oh wait that is from the Marsden side! Thanks mom! i can't believe she is that big either. And even Livy! So crazy. They do grow fast. I coulda swore yesterday I was sayin I wish Madi would hurry up and walk!! haha. Love ya! Hope to see you guys soon!
It is crazy how fast they grow. I have a 3rd grader this year. How did THAT happen?? My baby will be 4 in two months. And that doesn't seem possible either. But let me tell you how fun it is to have them in school - they learn so much! She will come home so excited about everything! Well, mine did! And when they start to read... that's just awesome :)
Way to go Hailey!! How fun and exciting! I can't believe how big our kids are getting - but I love that part about being a mom & knowing we helped them to get there! :) Your girls are adorable & you have such a sweet husband to take the day off for this special day. I love your blog & love reading about your fun life! Can I add a link to your's on my blog? Come and see mine at http://betheabunch.blogspot.com/
She is so cute, I love her first day of school outfit. How crazy that you have a kid going to school. Don't you feel old!
Wow that is so crazy she is in pre K! I remember when she was so tiny! Its so crazy! That is so cute that Kenney took the day off! Your girls are so cute. I love them!
ahhh! what an exciting day. hailey is such a sweet girl! i bet she will just LOVE school so much! she is so cute all decked out!
School days, school days . . . enjoy!
Post a Comment