Friday, August 24, 2007

Student of the week 4 year old vs. "The 4th grader!"

Hailey came home with bag full of goodies last week... school banner, pencil, eraser, key chain, and bookmark. I said, "What's all this for?" She says "I was really good and listened." Oh yea... She got Student of the week her first week of school! Kenney says they probably just start at the top of the alphabet. Rude!
She says "take a picture of me... hang on, I need to pose!" Wow, I am in trouble with this one!
So we're sitting at dinner last night and I said "Hailey tell us about school today." She kindly replies, "I can't right now, I'm just too hungry, let me eat and then we'll talk!" About 5 minutes passes and she belts out... "You'll never believe what happened to me today. I was waiting in line for a drink and a 4th grader came up to me and said 'you can't take a drink from that fountain, I'll tell the principal.' I couldn't believe it (as she's telling us this the expressions on her face were priceless!!) a 4th grader talking to a 4 year old like that!" I said, "Wow Hailey what did you do?" She proceeds to tell us, "I took my drink and quietly walked away. But if he is mean to me again I'll tell the principal on him. I'm just 4 year old, he can't talk to me like that!!" Way to stick up for yourself Hailey!

6 comments:

Hiatt Family said...

I love the pose Hailey did. She acts so old for her age...it makes me laugh. I am sure everyone tells you this, but you really do have the most gorgeous kids ever!!!

Heather Brown said...

She is so freakin cute! I love her attitude! Her poses are awesome. She is a doll!!! I miss her!

Melissa said...

She is such a cutie! And I love that she stood up for herself! You go girl! ;)

Jana said...

Oh, wow...Hailey sure knows who she is, doesn't she? The pose is SO awesome. Emma has a pose she does every time I pull out the camera lately...a little head tilt and shoulder lift, much more cutesy than Hailey's grown-up model action. She's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Umm- can I just say- I could not love this girl any more!!! She is so cool- and I am soo proud of her for sticking up for herself- in such a polite manner too! She is such a doll :-)

See it Try it Love it said...

She is hilarious. You are definitely going to have your hands full with that one, well both of them for that matter. Hailey is so gorgeous.