Thursday, August 28, 2008

Arizona

I just got back form a great trip to Arizona. One of my dearest friends Aubree got married. It was incredible. She looked beautiful, Chris was glowing from the second I saw him and had the biggest smile on his face the entire weekend. They are perfect for each other. I was holding myself together pretty well, until I turned the corner to the temple and the tears started flowing. So, I guess I wasn't really pulled together at all! It was such a surreal day for me. I met Aubree when she was really struggling. Her life was sad and in pieces. I was actually assigned as her Visiting Teacher. To see her grow from this broken girl to this strong unstoppable woman has been such a trip to watch. Aubree, you deserve the best and I honestly think you got it! I hope you and Chris enjoy your journey into forever!
While I was in AZ, I stayed with my parents. It was so good to see them. We had a great time just hanging out! It really felt like a relaxing vacation. We went to the park one night and played bocci ball. What a fun game! I have to say... great form dad! This picture cracks me up. My mom has given me good advice all my life, now it is my turn to return the favor...Mom, if you're given the opportunity to strategically place your bocci balls in the right position to make them look like "your girls"... you need to put them right in the center so you look nice and perky, don't lean them way out to the side, that defeats the purpose!!!
While I was gone, Kenney stayed home with Hailey and Livy. They had such a great time with their daddy. It was such a comfort to know that while I was away the girls and the house were in good hands. You better believe he fixed their hair everyday and even put appropriate accessories on to match! What a daddy!
Some of the activities they did were... playing at the park, renting books and videos at the library, they had dinner dates and of course swam a lot!

They greeted me at the airport with flowers and cards. When I got home... all the laundry was done, the house had been cleaned, dusted and mopped! Wow! I told Kenney I would be going away every weekend if this is what I was going to come home to!

5 comments:

dustin and jessie said...

OK Mandy, where was that advice before the picture?!? Too funny, I'm so glad Aubree got married so we could enjoy having you here! What a great dad Kenney is! No wonder those girls love their dad so much!

Melissa said...

Love the pictures! Isn't it fun to go on a trip by yourself every now and again? Looks like everyone had a great time!

gina said...

What a fun trip. Your husband is so nice to stay home with the kids. He sounds like a great guy.
The next time I play bocci ball, I'm going to steal this pose from you. I need all the perk I can get ;) You and your mamma are beautiful!

Bekah: said...

i am so glad that you got to go home. i am so happy for Aubree. She deserves all the happiness life has to offer her.

the Painters said...

YOU ARE GORGEOUS!