Kindergarten starts next week. Hailey is ready... I am not. I must admit, I feel like we landed in the absolute perfect location here in Virginia. Her school is half day. I wanted that. The bus stop is right in front of our house. Perfect for those cold snowy days we have coming. And to top it off, the school she is going to won the Governor's Award last year. Fantastic. Hailey had her open house at the school today. She is so excited she can hardly stand it. She skipped her way to the school.
Hailey thinks it's pretty cool that her teacher has the same name as her uncle... Miss Marks. She said, "Sweet, now that's a name I can remember easy." Look at the perma-grin on her face!
This tiny little person looked so small walking down the big 'ol hallway at school. The kindergarten rooms are all the way in the back corner of the school. I'm sure it's at least a 5k walk back there. Parent's aren't allowed to walk their kids to the class room. There are "hall monitors" who will do that. I have to say good-bye and watch her walk down the longest hallway of my life. On the first day of school they are having a "boo hoo" breakfast for all the kindergarten parents. They told us to put on our "game faces" and send our kids off to school and they will have tissues, doughnuts and coffee for us in the cafeteria. I might have to supply my own box of tissues. I am an emotional dork when it comes to matters close to my heart. My girls are definitely on that list. I teared up when I saw the list with her name on it that said what time of day she was going to school. I teared up when the librarian came to get Hailey to take her to the library the other day to do her test to make sure she was ready for kindergarten. Olivia wrapped her arm around Hailey and said, "Hailey, I am just so proud of you!"
Outside the school. Olivia jumps in any picture she can. A huge change in her from last year when the camera would bring her to tears!

So, ready or not... here she comes! Hailey is going to do great things this year, I can already tell. I'm sure she will master coloring in the lines, she will perfect her social skills and maybe even win some national award for something! Alright, Mandy... get control of yourself. In all reality, I really just hope we can keep her away from being too affectionate to towards the boys. A big thanks to Zac Efron and The Jonas Brothers for making her boy crazy at the ripe old age of 5.
Hailey thinks it's pretty cool that her teacher has the same name as her uncle... Miss Marks. She said, "Sweet, now that's a name I can remember easy." Look at the perma-grin on her face!
This tiny little person looked so small walking down the big 'ol hallway at school. The kindergarten rooms are all the way in the back corner of the school. I'm sure it's at least a 5k walk back there. Parent's aren't allowed to walk their kids to the class room. There are "hall monitors" who will do that. I have to say good-bye and watch her walk down the longest hallway of my life. On the first day of school they are having a "boo hoo" breakfast for all the kindergarten parents. They told us to put on our "game faces" and send our kids off to school and they will have tissues, doughnuts and coffee for us in the cafeteria. I might have to supply my own box of tissues. I am an emotional dork when it comes to matters close to my heart. My girls are definitely on that list. I teared up when I saw the list with her name on it that said what time of day she was going to school. I teared up when the librarian came to get Hailey to take her to the library the other day to do her test to make sure she was ready for kindergarten. Olivia wrapped her arm around Hailey and said, "Hailey, I am just so proud of you!"
Outside the school. Olivia jumps in any picture she can. A huge change in her from last year when the camera would bring her to tears!
So, ready or not... here she comes! Hailey is going to do great things this year, I can already tell. I'm sure she will master coloring in the lines, she will perfect her social skills and maybe even win some national award for something! Alright, Mandy... get control of yourself. In all reality, I really just hope we can keep her away from being too affectionate to towards the boys. A big thanks to Zac Efron and The Jonas Brothers for making her boy crazy at the ripe old age of 5.
8 comments:
This was so fun; I love the "boo-hoo breakfast" idea, too. :)
Oh, man, I'm going to cry too . . . (wonder where you get it?) I can't believe my little GRANDDAUGHTER is going to KINDERGARTEN! It was just yesterday that my little ones went out the door to kindergarten, heck I still remember my first day of kindergarten!
adorable! she is so pretty. i can't believe she is that old! olivia is growing up so fast too! they look so much alike!
and i don't think she stands a chance {not} being boy crazy... from stories i remember, so were you! :)
Wow Mandy - what a big day you have coming - hope it goes well. I just did that last week with Kaitlyn - but preschool. There we have to walk them in. Will you e-mail me or have Ken call Drew with your new address, I am updating them getting ready for baby announcments:)
So biG!OH my word! : ]
That's so fun.
I think it's great you get so emotional. Shows the love you have for those dearest to you.
OH she looks SO cute! What a big girl! It is kinda hard sending them off -huh- She looks so happy and content, though. What a doll. The video is so cute and it looks like you had lots of fun in Arizona! What a great hubby you have to take such good care of the kids. Every mom needs a break once in a while!
Awe what fun for her! She is so beautiful. It's strange how fast they grow too huh? I am jealous of your snowy cold Fall and Winter days up ahead. You truly do get 4 seasons there...my dream. I am so glad you are all settled and happy and just living your lives right where you left off here in Az. You're such a great mom Mandy.
A boo hoo breakfast - I love it! I didn't really cry when Spence went to school... probably because Jake had been going for 2 years! I DID cry when I had to drop my TWO YEAR OLD (Jake) off at his preschool for the first time. Mildly traumatic for me... so, I can relate :)
Post a Comment