Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Thumb Sucking Rock Star

If anyone would like a ride on the thumb sucking train... feel free to hop on! I went to peek on the girls before I went to bed and was awe-struck by their cuteness. I love catching these moments! Hailey will KILL ME when she sees this. I threaten her by telling her I'm going to put a picture of her sucking her thumb on our blog if she doesn't stop. It mortifies her but then I told her that it could be our little secret. Sorry Hailey, if you weren't so stinkin' cute, it would still be our little secret! I had another great conversation with Olivia today. It started with Hailey running into the computer room saying, "Mom, Olivia said a really bad word." I said, "What did you say Olivia?" She replies, "Tell her Hailey!!" I said, "No Livy, you tell me." Olivia says, "I said I HATE it." I said, "Well, hate isn't a bad word... it's just an ugly word. You're a pretty girl, you need to say only nice pretty words." Olivia says, "Well, I want to say ugly words... I want to be UgLy!" (said in a raunchy growl!) I said, "Get outta here and go eat your lunch." I started to try to video tape the end of our conversation because she was being hilarious, but it wasn't working. I did however catch this little gem as she was on her way out the door. After our conversation she turned around to leave but paused just a second to tell me this...

I guess she has to practice saying "ugly" words if she really does want to be a "Rock Star" The best part of this video is how she holds that last note and then closes her eyes for a long pause and then runs out!

*As a side note, clothing is always optional at our house...

9 comments:

The Mullins said...

Too funny! I am glad to see that clothing is also optional at your house. My new neighbors probably think that I never dress my kids.

dustin and jessie said...

Oh, they are adorable thumb suckers! WOW! Rock on Livy!! She has that down pat!!!

Clint and Jeni Hatch said...

I hope my girls are as close as your little ones! That Thumb sucking is precious! In this heat clothing is always optional at our house...now only if I looked that cute naked!!

Anonymous said...

Ok- could your girls be any more cute, or HILARIOUS!!?!? Seriously- I love their spunk! Good luck with Livvy and her love for UGLY! :)

Heather Brown said...

I just watched that video like 10 times. I love how she gets quiet at the end!! You def need to save that so when she goes on American Idol they can play that!! haha. Just as long as you dont post any pictures of you with clothin optional we will be ok!!!! I MISS YOU GUYS!!! Oh ps madi saw a picture of kenney and said aww daddy! haha. SAD!

Aubree said...

Okay, you were completely right, HILARIOUS! That girl is something else.

Ashton & Co. said...

Your girls seem so close. How cute is that. I love the video, too. She is a doll and I know what you mean by clothing is optional. Atleast it cuts back on laundry, right...

Melissa said...

That's too funny! Who doesn't want to be a rock star? :D

Tiffany Matthews said...

Her Ryan and I were watching the Yo Gabba Gabba show and saw Hailey today. It looks like she had a lot of fun and was really cute.