Hailey has worked really hard this week on her first project from school. Her class was given an assignment to create a doll like themselves. They brought home a blank outline of a doll and were told to create this doll to look like them. I took Hailey to the craft store and she picked out yarn that she thought was the color of her hair. I gave her open access to all my craft supplies and told her to pick out what she wanted to use. If it sparkled, shimmered or was pink it made the cut... everything else went back into their containers! She made the necklace her girl is wearing, she traced the outline for the pink silk dress, she put glitter dots on the dress, colored the shoes, laced them (I had to tie the bow... I guess she should learn how to tie a shoelace. All her shoes are Velcro or slip on's!) Let's see.. what else, she cut the yarn and carefully placed each piece of hair on the head and then gave her girl a haircut. She made the eyes blue and green. Blue outside and green in the middle. Designed the hair bow with a jewel in the middle and put a magic wand in her hand, and cut letters out of a magazine to spell her name for the other hand. 
I must say... I see the resemblance!

There's little Liv, so proud of her sister!
I thought this was so great. Hailey has such awesome self confidence. She views herself just like she is. beautiful. She made the most glamorous little doll out of a blank piece of white paper. Here's the real question... If you were given this assignment, would your doll look that fabulous? We could only hope we all view ourselves as sparkling princesses!

I must say... I see the resemblance!

There's little Liv, so proud of her sister!
I thought this was so great. Hailey has such awesome self confidence. She views herself just like she is. beautiful. She made the most glamorous little doll out of a blank piece of white paper. Here's the real question... If you were given this assignment, would your doll look that fabulous? We could only hope we all view ourselves as sparkling princesses!
8 comments:
Wow, you weren't kidding! Hailey's doll is STUNNING! :)
I'm very impressed!
So cute! Are you going to frame her doll and hang her up? Her aunt's favorite: the wand! Tell Hailey we love her, and her doll, and her sister! And her Mom and Dad, of course :)
That's so awesome! And you've asked an interesting question... what would my doll look like? Hmmmm...
Fabulous really is the only word for that. She is so glittered up! Hailey is such a little teenager.
What a fun project for her and such a creative little gal. She is so beautiful and I can tell you are a very well pleased mother! You have got two real dolls in that household! Cute!
You are such a great mom letting her have at it and express herself! I love this post. I love her doll. It is so telling that she knows just who she is and has a great sense of self! She is adorable.
It made me think what my dol would look like! Some days fabulous and somedays frumpy, tired mom. I gotta work on that ;)
What an awesome doll. Looks just like her. Looks like she had fun making it. Thanks for posting the photos so we can see what our grand-daughters are doing.
Post a Comment