Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A week in the life of...

Things have been much better at the Abbott household this week! We have been busy getting back into our "normal" routine. Whatever that is. I have done laundry for 2 days straight. I ignored every part of my house last week. It's always harder to play catch up. We have had several doctor's appointments this week. Every member of our family has had some appointment or another. We have seen the dentist, plastic surgeon, endocrinologist and therapist. Thank goodness for modern medicine and awesome doctors. Here are a few pics from the week...


The girls planned matching pj's. Two little peas in a pod. We went to breakfast on Saturday. I love a good hearty breakfast. I got spoiled growing up. My dad made big breakfasts every day!! Yummy. Don't you think Olivia has the most beautiful smile?Thanks for the courtesy smile Kenney!!Got milk?
Hailey went to her first birthday party for a friend she has met at school. She was so excited! They hired a lady that did face painting. When Hailey got home she put on her princess dress and went on the back porch to sing and dance. She was so proud of the tiara painted on her forehead.The girls had dentist appointments this week. I had actually canceled Olivia's and was going to reschedule. But in her wanting to be just like her big sister, she decided she wanted to see the dentist too. Olivia is ALL TALK. He tries to be so big and so brave, but when it comes down to it... 9 times out of 10 she chicken's out. She has done this with preschool every day we have gone. She really wants to go, but when we get there, she doesn't want me to leave. Well, she wanted to have her teeth cleaned... but when the hygienist asked her to come over to the chair, she said no way. So I talked her into it... but she had to sit on my lap. This was her first trip to the dentist and she did great. Her face is classic in this picture. But she did a really good job when the dentist came in.And was even happier when she got a goodie bag filled with a new princess toothbrush, floss and her own toothpaste. Then she got to pick out of the toy box. She decided she loves the dentist.When I told Hailey to go in and brush her teeth one good time before we went to the dentist, I kept hearing these ear piercing squeals of delight followed with laughter and more screaming. I went in to see what was going on and she said, "I just can't help it mom... I am SOOOO excited for the dentist." (insert more screaming and giggling) Wow.
They got little certificates for having a great check up. I went to the dentist today... but I didn't get a certificate. What's up with that? Olivia is doing so much better. I want to just take a second and thank all those who have reached out to us in the past week and a half. The phone calls of concern. She sweet notes. We had cookies and cards left on our door from friends, my visiting teachers brought over cinnamon rolls and movies, our Bishop came over to visit and brought a game and a nail polish kit. We received an awesome package from my cousin and her little girl. I don't think our girls have ever met... but this darling little girl saw someone hurt and wanted to help! I got this sweet email from her and I had to share...

"The other day I was reading your blog about Olivia. Emma came in and said, "Oh no! How did that girl get those owies on her face?" So, I told her about Livy and she was so sad. She wanted to know if we could go visit and try to cheer her up. I told her that wouldn't be possible. So, we brainstormed and have a little package to send to Olivia :) We had to find a compromise... Emma was bound and determined to come and play with Livy! She's a compassionate little thing when she wants to be :) The package was sent today. We sent duplicate of a few little things so that Hailey could join in on the fun. Glad to hear that she's doing a lot better!!"

Thanks you guys! We love you! After Olivia got the package she said, "I want her to come over so she can make all these crafts with me." I explained they live too far away. Olivia looked at me like I was completely out of my mind and said, "Mom, they just fly an airplane and then she can come play!" Duh!

Here is the most recent picture of Olivia's face. It looks so much better. She went to the plastic surgeon's office and he said the discoloration in the middle of her cheek could be there for a few years. And only time will tell what the scars will look like. She had a few hard spots on her cheek that he said was scar tissue. **Don't read this part if you have a weak stomach** That night after her appointment the big scab on the top fell off. The a large amount of goo shot out of her cheek. Pretty sure it wasn't scar tissue. Olivia was so confused. I ran her into the bathroom and she was saying, "What happened mom? I didn't throw up. I don't know what that was." The picture was right after the scabs fell off. The little marks are a little deeper than I thought. Bummer. (She is actually sleeping in this picture... it's the only way I can get a picture of her holding still. Her face looks sad, but it's not... just sleepy!) When we were in the hospital they told Kenney we would be there thru Friday... minimum. But we ended up only being there one day. Incredible. I am so thankful for the thoughts and prayers we felt from everyone. I am thankful for a worthy husband who with the help of another worthy priesthood holder were able to give Olivia a blessing. It is so nice to know that in times of trial and sadness we feel love and peace.

7 comments:

Jana said...

If I got a certificate, I might go to the dentist more often.
Your girls are just so cute.

Melissa said...

Your girls are so cute! I'm impressed with how well they did at the dentist! That's awesome!
And I'm glad they liked the package. Emma was so excited that Olivia called tonight :) So fun! It was great to talk to you... we'll have to chat again soon!

Ashton & Co. said...

I haven't looked at your blog since the accident... I am SO sorry to hear of the horrible infection. I'm so glad to hear she is doing so much better! Poor baby! She is such a doll, and good job at the dentist, girls, they are braver than I am! Cute pics!

Aubree said...

Glad to see things have perked up over there. Liv's face looks a lot better. So gross about those lumps in her cheek.

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

o glad to hear everything is getting a little better and that your family is still enjoying life [the dentist]. We miss them and you guys!
You're still in our prayers.

Steve, Maggie, Janie said...

"man"-I think that your doctor cheated his way through med school. "it's not an infection it would hurt if I poked it really hard like this". Liar. Thanks for being my friend!

dustin and jessie said...

We are thankful for blogs so we can keep in touch and see what is going on in your life! Hailey and Olivia are darling peas in a pod! I don't remember Dentist's ever being that much fun. How lucky is Livy to have her mom hold her! What a beautiful princess Hailey is with her darling face paint! Thank you Ken for being a worthy priesthood holder and being able to use it when needed! So glad you have had a better week! We love you and miss you all! Especially this week when we went to the temple and couldn't come visit before or after! :(