Saturday, September 6, 2008

Rain-boots and Swimsuits

We had a super rainy day today. After breakfast the girls went out back to watch the storm. They came in had their baths and decided they wanted to play outside some more... So, they grabbed their swimsuits and rain boots!
It was raining so hard. We got a good 4 inches of rain from this Tropical Storm Hannah.
Kenney made little paper sail boats. Olivia turned hers into 10 sailboats... I mean scraps of paper!

Thanks for the fun day Hannah!

10 comments:

gina said...

FUN! I want to be a little girl again and play outside in the rain. I love their boots.

Tyson & Tera Smith said...

Hiya! That looks so fun! They are too cute:) That reminds me of when Amanda and I would come visit you in AZ and we'd go out and play in the pouring rain storms! I miss you! I'll email ya soon, it's been awhile.

Ashton & Co. said...

What a fun memory for the girls. I love the fact they had already had their bath. that's the way it always works, isnt' it?! Cute pics and fun day for the kids!

the Painters said...

What a great idea! Look at all the memories you are all (especially the girls cause let's face it, as we get older, our memory goes....)creating. I cannot believe you were affected a little bit by Hannah. We are hearing all about her over here. Crazy broad that Hannah is, stiring up all kinds of trouble.....and creating some fun too!

Kippy said...

Now that is a fun time! I love that Kenney made sail boats. My dad would have us use popsicle sticks as our boats, did the trick but not quite as cool.

dustin and jessie said...

What a great way to enjoy a rainy day! LOVE the Sailboats Ken made! They sure know how to have a great time! You and Ken are wonderful parents! I bet all the neighbors loved driving by and seeing them splash and play!

Verity said...

I'm impressed. We sat inside all day, except the times I was out "bucket brigading" some window wells... :) Thanks for the reminder to get out and PLAY!

Cisneros Family said...

Cute pictures. That is quite the rain storm. How was your summer?

Marie said...

So much fun! I bet your neighbors think you guys are crazy, but then again they probably don't understand that it doesn't rain in AZ. Love the first day of school pics. Can't believe we have kids in school!

Aubree said...

I love that someone at your house either always has their pants or shirt off! that sounds bad its so true. Hopefully we will see you Monday!