Tonight we had to say goodbye to our little Rosco because he did this...
I'm so sad in so many ways. Rosco had been a little friend for 7 1/2 years. But he just hasn't been the same since we moved here. Tonight Olivia went to give him a kiss and he just attacked her. We called animal control and they came to pick Rosco up. We had to file a report and 2 officers in big van's came to get him. They will have to put him to sleep. Olivia felt so bad, she said, "I'm sorry about this, I just wanted to give him a kiss." I ended up taking her in tonight to get checked out. The wounds would normally get stitches but since they don't want to trap any infection in... they just tape them shut. They gave her an antibiotic to help keep any infection away. Olivia was a brave little girl. When the doctor was flushing out her cheek she was screaming at him (and the other 2 nurses that had to hold her down) "Don't do this to me you guys."
They gave her a Popsicle for being brave.
The whole thing is just terrible. I'm glad Livy's going to be alright. Hopefully her face will heal without too bad of a scar. We are just so sad about this.
I'm so sad in so many ways. Rosco had been a little friend for 7 1/2 years. But he just hasn't been the same since we moved here. Tonight Olivia went to give him a kiss and he just attacked her. We called animal control and they came to pick Rosco up. We had to file a report and 2 officers in big van's came to get him. They will have to put him to sleep. Olivia felt so bad, she said, "I'm sorry about this, I just wanted to give him a kiss." I ended up taking her in tonight to get checked out. The wounds would normally get stitches but since they don't want to trap any infection in... they just tape them shut. They gave her an antibiotic to help keep any infection away. Olivia was a brave little girl. When the doctor was flushing out her cheek she was screaming at him (and the other 2 nurses that had to hold her down) "Don't do this to me you guys."
They gave her a Popsicle for being brave.
The whole thing is just terrible. I'm glad Livy's going to be alright. Hopefully her face will heal without too bad of a scar. We are just so sad about this.
12 comments:
OH, I am so sorry!!! Please give Olivia a big hug for us, and let us know if you need anything!
Oh no! Olivia must feel so terrible :(
We had this happen too. We lived in Idaho at one point and had a black lab. We were lucky enough to live on a lake. No fences. We were outside all the time just playing and letting the Benny (the dog) run like crazy. It was great! Then we moved to Oregon. We had a hard time finding a rental place that would let us bring a dog with us. When we finally did, the yard was decent size, but so much smaller than what he was used to. He got aggressive and one day he caught Spence by the arm and drug him for aways. He growled at us and just wasn't the same dog. We found a family that lived out in the country and he seemed to do better there. But it was heartbreaking!
I'm so sorry you guys are going through this. HUGS!!!
That is terrible. I'm so sorry you guys have to go through not only the awfulness and worry of Livy being hurt, but also the heartbreak of losing Roscoe. I hope Livy will be able to realize that it wasn't her fault. Give her a big smooch from us... on the other cheek.
Wow! That is so shocking Mandy! I can't believe it. Roscoe was always so sweet. But I am so happy to hear that you called animal control right away instead of thinking about it. I am sure that was such a hard choice but there are people who don't make that call.
I was in the ER once and saw a little baby come in who had been attacked terribly by their family dog. She had crawled over to the dogs food and it attacked her. I swore it would never be worth having a dog for that reason.
So sorry!
That is so sad!! The same dog that used to let them dress him up and dance with him! Poor girl, and poor you guys...what a hard thing to have to say goodbye to Rosco.
Oh Poor Livy. So sad... I feel so bad for her. I am in SHOCK, that Rosco would do that. I am so sorry for you guys. What a hard thing. I am glad Livy is ok. Hopefully she will heal quickly!! Tell your girls Hi for me!!!
So, so sad. Did you all cry? I've never seen John cry so hard as he did when we lost Daisy. That's way too bad. On a happier note, I love Hailey's project. So cute!
OH, that is the saddest thing I have ever seen or heard... I am so sorry to hear aobut little Rosco, but more so Livvy's cheek. I am glsd she is okay and what a scary thing for her to go through. She is such a little sweetheart...I hope you are doing okay. Loosing a pet is so hard, but I agree when they start hurting kids for no apparent reason, it's time to let go. You did the right thing. Keep us posted on her cheek!
That is terrible. I am so sorry you guys had to experience that. I'm so glad she will be ok.
Oh, that is so sad, poor Olivia! How unexpected and what a hard thing fall all of you to go through.
So sorry to hear! I wan't to cry for Livy! About 3 years ago our neighbors dog bit Kaitlyn and had to take her in too, she still has a slight scar on her forehead. I would find a good scar cream and use it A LOT! I remember when you and Kenny just got Rosco, Drew and I were just dating and we came over to see him:( My legs were covered in huge welts from a reaction to him. But still sorry this happened!
I know exactly what she went through. I was bit twice on my lips and I do have scars but they aren't very visible. So sad!!! I am so sorry for her. It is hard when you have dogs. She is a trooper though. :)
Post a Comment