We had a fun day on Saturday. We took The Metro to downtown D.C. They girls thought is was pretty cool! That's the way to go around here... A $4 round trip ride and not having to deal with traffic is so worth the 30 minute ride! The Metro Station is just up the rode from us so we were able to walk there.
We went to the National Museum of Natural History. There were all kinds of exhibits. From dinosaurs to butterflies to critters and sea animals. It was awesome. It was so big, we only saw half of it. The best part is that admission is free! So we can go as often as we want.
Warning... MOM YOU MIGHT NOT WANT TO SEE THIS!! There was this little section where the kids could hold live insects. Yes that really is a cockroach. Livy held it for just a second and tried handing it off to me, I calmly told her to just give it back to the lady. Yikes. Creepy crawly things are not for me!
The girls had dip n dots after the museum. This is on the stairs of the museum.
The building behind them is the museum we went to. I am so excited to see all the neat things here! What a great day!

We went to the National Museum of Natural History. There were all kinds of exhibits. From dinosaurs to butterflies to critters and sea animals. It was awesome. It was so big, we only saw half of it. The best part is that admission is free! So we can go as often as we want.
Warning... MOM YOU MIGHT NOT WANT TO SEE THIS!! There was this little section where the kids could hold live insects. Yes that really is a cockroach. Livy held it for just a second and tried handing it off to me, I calmly told her to just give it back to the lady. Yikes. Creepy crawly things are not for me!
The girls had dip n dots after the museum. This is on the stairs of the museum.
The building behind them is the museum we went to. I am so excited to see all the neat things here! What a great day!
11 comments:
That is so awesome. It would be so great living there and being able to see all of the history. Your girls are too cute!
Wow! I am so glad to hear that you guys got there safe and sound! The Pictures of Virginia are BEAUTIFUL! How fun- and the girls look like they are having a blast. It looks way more fun than AZ :)
Wow! It is so beautiful. Your girls look darling. How fortunate you are to be able to live by such awesome American history for a while. Keep the pics of the museums coming, my girls loved those!
Wow! It looks like you guys are having so much fun! We miss you already! Everytime I go to the mailbox and see your house with no lights on, I get a little sad. :( but I'm glad you're doing well!
k i really just wanted to throw up!! that is so gross.. hailey is sick.... haha looks like you guys are doing great! love to see pics!!!
Hailey, ARE YOU CRAZY!?!, your grandma thinks you are, I can't believe you held that thing, you are so brave! Livy, be careful, I'm glad that alligator didn't bite you! What an adventure, glad you tried the Metro and wow, all the free muzams! (Is that what livy calls them?) Dipping Dots Delicious!! :b
Holy cow! How fun! What a great place to live! I can't believe that Hailey could hold that ugly thing with such a beautiful smile on her face! Crazy! Glad you guys are having fun!
Hiya! So glad you guys made it okay! I wasn't expecting to hear from you for a long time. I'm glad you are having fun. Tyson has been there (DC) and just loves it. I haven't seen it yet but it looks awesome. That park does look really fun too. Your girls are just adorable:)
Hailey are you serious? A cockroach! Disgusting...looks like your Saturday was a good one. Miss those girls!
So I haven't even been checking your blog because I thought you'd be way to busy getting adjusted. I'm glad to know that isn't so. Looks like so much fun. Glad you are all doing good. Tell the girls hello from us all and that we're totally grossed out by the roach thing!!!
all the DC pictures brought back sooo many memories. i loved living in MD. so is your apartment actually in DC? how fun, what an adventure. and i couldn't think of anyone better to enjoy it because of course you are out there seeing everything! your girls are so lucky! add the baltimore aquarium to your list, its a must see...
Post a Comment