Monday, April 7, 2008

Going away parties

We have been blessed with so many wonderful friends. We feel so luck to be a part of so many people's lives. That is what we will truly miss the most... our family and friends. The past few days have been a little bittersweet. We have had to say good-bye to so many loved ones, but on the flip-side... we have been given so many going away parties, it's great! Here are a few pics of the past few days.

Hailey's last day of school. Giving her teacher one last hug.

All my friends that teach with me at the gym had a luncheon for me. I didn't get a group shot... dangit! But here's me and Gina. This is the girl who made it all happen for me! She helped me get certified and taught me everything I needed to know about teaching! Love you Gina!!
We had a little shindig at Aubree's. A lot of our good friends were there! It was a great night. Thanks Katie and Aubree for doing that!

Here are a few pictures from the night. (There are a ton more, but since this is already and insanely long post, I'll just share a few!)

Lucy, Hailey, Emma, Livy and Keen's hands! Lynda, Carolyn and myself!
From left to right... Scott, Kenney, Brian, Andrew (both standing) and Jason.
This is our bishop! He is absolutely the best! Who else has a bishop that gets right in the mix and just has the best time with the members and children of their ward?! I love him!
Clint, Kenney and Jared. (I wish we could've gotten one with Brian in there!) These guys will always hold a special place in my heart. Clint, Jared and Brian were in Kenney's priest quorm when we first moved into the ward. These boys will never know the love we truly have for them! It was so cool to see them all grow up, go on missions, and then return home! You better believe any girl who ends up with any of these awesome guys will be the luckiest girl in the world! Love you guys! Carolyn, Brenden and Kenney.
Maddix, Katie, Amber and Carolyn. Amber who is 8 days from her due date was on the trampoline jumping with all the kids! Amber, you're CRAZY! I love it!

Livy and her main squeeze Jordan! She loves him! Sorry Amber!Aubree and I. Hands down the coolest girl ever! Nuf said! Some of the friends I have made at the gym had a get together for me. These ladies took my classes. They all whined and complained during class because I find joy in torturing them, but I know they all love me! And you would never know, but a few of them are old enough to be my mom! Hot momma's! Trisha... take care of them! I love you all!

Thank you everyone for being such good friends! We will miss you all!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Saying goodbye is so hard! I know we have been VERY thankful for the Internet and unlimited long distance calling!
Good luck with the move :)

Hiatt Family said...

We are really going to miss you guys. I have heard multiple people say that the ward is going to be so different without your family there. You & Kenney have been GREAT friends to us, especially when we needed extra support and help. Thank you SO much Mandy. You truly are the ultimate example of serving others. We'll miss you but we know that you will have so many amazing experiences at your new home! I'm going to miss seeing Hailey in Primary every week too! We love you guys! P.S.-Linc had to work the night of your going-away party...I'm sorry we couldn't come!

Aubree said...

Parties, parties, parties. You sure do have a lot of people that love you and I am definitely one of them!