Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Head over Heels

It is so fun to have two little friends to tote around with me everyday, even though they are pint sized. I love that we can sit down and have a real conversation! This was part of our conversation we had at the Bagel Shop this morning...

Me, "Who do you think is going home tonight?"
Olivia, "DADDY!"
Hailey, "No, Liv... on American Idol. Uh, who was the one Simon was being mean to?!
Olivia, "American Idol's gonnna be on tonight. Whoot woo!" (Throwing both hands into the air)
Me, "Jason."
Hailey, "I think Jason's going home. He forgot his words."
Me, "I think he's going home too."
Olivia, "Oh, I miss Jason."

I love these girls. It truly is the simple things in life that make me so happy. I find myself sometimes just staring at them in awe. I am thankful that it's their two darling faces I get to wake up to every morning. I am thankful that everyday I know at some point or another I will laugh, and I will laugh hard. I am thankful that they love me right back! I am thankful that they forgive me quickly when I make a mistake. (I do that sometimes!) I am thankful that they are part of my life and I am thankful that Heavenly Father trusted me enough to be the lucky one they call mom. Oh, I am just in love!

10 comments:

Jana said...

I LOVE watching American Idol with Emma! It's so funny! She's like, "I love David Archuleta, he's a cutie. Simon is never mean to him. The judges always say yes to him and he never has to go home." And she critiques all the contestants. She's even started in on the wardrobe. "She looks pretty in that dress. She looks very tall. Uh-oh, her shoulders are not modest. And right here," (cleavage area), "she's not modest."

What a fun thing that you can spend so much time with your girls being friends! Love it!

Jana said...

OH and I love your layout! The blue is way cute!

Marie said...

I agree, Jason should be the one to go home. Your girls are way too cute. The nature walk looked awesome. And you better warn those boys not to get too close at church or they'll have Tate to deal with :-).

Pam Degner said...

It's so fun to read about another mom who goes out with her kids! They can be so fun! When we watch American Idol, my girls either say that the singer was "a good one" or that "wasn't very good, huh mom?" But I agree, I hope jason goes home.

Koi said...

Olivia is so funny, and I love Hailey's new do. So glad to see that you guys are doing so good!

Heather Brown said...

Is she talking about my Jason?? haha just playin. I am glad he finally went. Sheesh. I didn't think he would make the top 10 let alone the top 4!!

Aubree said...

I would've loved to sit in on that conversation. Funny girls! They are lucky ones to have you as a mom. Can't wait to get out there and hang out!

Christy said...

Mandy! It's Christy Leer! Not sure exactly how I found you on here, but I wanted to say hi! Email me! cdwadas@yahoo.com
My blog is private, so I can't tell you to check it out yet.
Looks like you are doing fabulously!

Hiatt Family said...

I love hearing the little things that kids do or say. And I loved the nature hunt pics...I'm so jealous that you can find those things right there! We just have a bunch of rocks to look at. :(

Bekah: said...

you are such a great mom. i remember when bryn was so little and i'd watch you with hailey and i couldnt wait for bryn to grow up to do fun things with her. not that i didn't enjoy her as a baby i was just excited for when she was older too! hailey was sooo into holidays and you went all out for all of them. she was always delighted! it is obvious how much you love your girls. they are so lucky! how are you adjusting? are you liking it?