Monday, May 19, 2008

National Zoo

We went to yet another cool place this weekend. The zoo! We love the zoo, always have, always will! Yes, we have done a lot of really cool things in the past month and a half. The zoo can definitely be added to the list. Let me tell you the reasons for all the outings... 1. We're in a new place and we want to check it all out here. After all this is home for now! 2. They're ALL FREE! 3. We live in a apartment that's all white, we want to walk away without having to pay an arm and a leg for all the stains and spills! The more we're gone, the less chance for mess! 4. We're coming down to the wire on finding a place to live! We have to be out of our apartment this weekend. We have no idea where we're going to live. Yikes! So, instead of sit in the apartment and stress and go crazy all day... we go to really cool places so I can take my mind off it and the girls get a few hours with their "mom" not some crazy lady who is freaking out! To be honest, their mom likes to know what's going on... and right now she doesn't, and she's really starting to freak! Wow, 3rd person is fun! So, for now, while life is so uncertain... The Metro is our friend!

Here's Olivia's attempt to take my picture on our way to the zoo. I must say, she is getting much better... Her pictures of things usually look like this. This one's Rosco.
And this one's my mother's day flowers!
When we go off The Metro we had to take an escalator out... it was the longest escalator I have ever seen.
There were 2 really cool lion sculptures in front of the zoo. Being that my maiden name is Lyon, I had to get a family pic in front of it! Mom and Dad, your pictures are next!
Looking at the animals.
Daddy and his girls.
Kenney went missing for a few minutes, we were relieved to find out he just needed to sit down to take a rest!



6 comments:

Krista said...

Hi Mandy, this is Chelsea Denhalters sister :) I was wondering if you wouldn't mind e-mailing me your address so I can mail you an invite to Chelsea's shower :) kristareidhead@hotmail Thanks so much!!
ps. I saw your little girl on Yo Gabba Gabba, she is SOOOO cute! Well both of your little girls are so cute! You got yourself a little movie star on your hands! Congrats!

dustin and jessie said...

Oh we are so glad you found Ken!! The LYON photos were perfect for the LYON family blog! You are smart to do so many fun things to keep from going Crazy! Remember Hailey's photos at Heather's wedding? Livy's are about the same right now, but she is getting better and better. OK you are crazy taking a photo while you are going down a huge escalator! How did you do that and hold on to the girls at the same time? I would have been scared to death!

The Gardners said...

What's up woman! You and your family are too cute for words. I love all of your adventures. Virginia sounds like such a fun place. Good luck finding a place. As a fellow control freak, I can appreciate your concern :) Have a good week!

Aubree said...

You are really funny! Looks like Kenney didn't get too far. Looks like a good time. Go ahead and chalk that up on the list of things to do. I'll be there t-minus one month!

Melissa said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I'm glad you had some diversions while you were waiting for house news!

Tyson & Tera Smith said...

Ha! That's too funny. Glad you had a good time. Is that a really gorilla or a statue? I miss the zoo:(