This morning we went on a Nature Hunt. We went to Target to get little bug carriers to put our critters in. Although our bug carriers remain empty, it was definitely an eventful hunt. We saw... a blue jay, a Baltimore oriole, a family of 5 turtles, 2 gees and their 3 babies, 2 ducks, and a big snake. It was pretty incredible to see all those things just out in the open! I need to get a bird book so I can figure out the names if all the birds, I had to come home and Google "orange bird" to figure out the Baltimore oriole's name. Oh, and I probably better learn which plants are poisonous! I know poison ivy is all over out here.
We stayed away from these guys after the momma hissed at us!
That is a big ol' snake! Yikes!


We stayed away from these guys after the momma hissed at us!
That is a big ol' snake! Yikes!

1: Don't touch anything, we don't know if it's Ivy
2: Stay together as a team
3: Wear sunscreen




9 comments:
Yes! Finally some pictures of my long lost friend! Not that I don't love seeing the girls, but I kind of were wondering if you still existed. Did Hailey snap those? Nice work...must run in the family. Looks like you guys had a good time. Bring your pole next time and see if there's some fishes in with that snake!
What a great day! I love nature hikes and you really had some great finds! Is Hailey the other photographer? If so she did great! The momma geese must have been being protective of their babies! I love birds, remember the bird books we have? You should get one.
Oh hey what about Livy taking a pic of you and Hailey? Thats messed up!! haha. You can't find nature like that in AZ! What a fun time!! Did Hailey chase the snake and try to hold it? Wouldnt surprise me!!!
Looks like a fantastic afternoon!! Sounds like you guys have some great places to explore!
You'd better add number 5, be sure to check for ticks. In a wooded area like that, you may find some. These are not the large ones like they have in Idaho, but they are about the size of a pin head. Make sure you check all of you out real good. Sorry about being so negative, but you need to be careful.
That snake was great! I probably would have tried to catch it. Look beautiful!
How fun! I can't believe how green and pretty everything is out there! Here it is getting really hot and dusty (not so pretty)!
How fun... But the snake would of had me running the other way! Not a fan. I'm a little jealous, all we get at our river is a bunch of spoiled ducks and tons of poo!
Oh is that what they are calling it these days... quack grass. Ok, bad joke. How fun! You guys must be loving the weather & the beautifulness which is Virginia. :)
Post a Comment