This was a great conversation Hailey and I had this morning. It went a little something like this:
(Let me set the stage first!... Last night I got together with some of the girls from our new ward. I was so excited to meet some friends and get to know the girls! Hailey and I talked about my excitement all day yesterday!)
Hailey: Good morning mom! How was your mommy play date last night?
Me: Oh, it was great!
Hailey: Did you meet any friends?Me: Yes, the girls were awesome!
Hailey: Well, what are their names?
Me: I can't remember them.
Hailey: Well you need to get to know their names.
Me: Yes I do!
Hailey: So, did they like your fruit salsa and chips. Were they like, "This is awesome!"?
Me: Yes, they thought is was really good.
Hailey: Well, I'm glad you made some friends. And are you going to go out with them again?
Me: Yes, we are getting together again next month.
Hailey: Oh mom, I am so happy for you! Now you have friends too!
Is this kid great or what?! She cracks me up. Hailey has always acted older than her age... but I felt like the roles were reversed on this conversation! 

Thanks for looking out for me Hailey!
12 comments:
that is so cute Mandy. Sounds like such a little woman. Kaden does that too. This 5-6 year old age is so funny! I think they really learn compassion and love having full meaningful conversations.
So cute! What a sweetheart you have!!
And the header looks great :)
hilarious! isn't it special your relationship with your oldest? bryn is the same way- she is always so concerned about me. its priceless.
hailey is such a special, sweet little girl! what a doll.
i'm glad you met some friends- i hope you are loving it there!
What a cutie pie! So mature and responsible for her age!
All I have to say is its about time you have made some friends!! haha.. Hailey is so dang cute! She needs to come stay with me so I can have someone look after me for a lil bit!! Give her a hug for me!! I miss her and Livy and you and Ken too!!
I can just hear it...that is so cute!!
Yesterday Emma was missing Hailey and she came up with a scenario where I die and Kenney dies, and you and Jeff fall in love and get married, and then she and Hailey can be sisters!!!! Jeff and I just...looked at each other....and tried not to laugh. It was such a brilliant plan! (Just don't think about it too much or it might creep you out...)
You are so lucky to have a daughter/friend! I'm so glad she is watching out for you and wants you to be happy! She is and always has been so charming!
She is such a great girl.
So adult-like in her thoughts and words.
They are getting so big and growing more and more beautiful!
We miss you guys!
I think that is so sweet that she looks out for her mommy.
Man, I have some catching up to do on your blog! Hailey is such a sweetie! You are SO lucky to have her! I'm glad you had fun with your new friends too! We need those every now and then even if we don't think we do :) Miss you tons!
I can't wait to have conversations like that. Way too cute. My favorite are the pictures of the wrestling singlet. Save those for blackmail someday. Your parents look great. They look so happy. Tell them hi for me next time you see them. Have a great day.
Oh dang... I wish I was part of your mommy play group! I love that fruit salsa!!!! (if it's a different recipe, I hope you share)
Post a Comment