Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tweet Tweet

When we first moved into our house we saw a little nest under our balcony. I climbed on a ladder to see if there was anything in the nest and there was one lonely egg. We watched it for the next several weeks and no sign of life or a momma. I was out sweeping the back porch this morning and decide to check to see if the egg was still there....this is what I found! 2 eggs and 2 babies just hatching. They are so creepy looking. The girls were so excited to see them! I'm sure they will get cuter as they grow. They have to right?! The momma and daddy bird probably say what my dad did when I was born... "Well, I hope she has a sweet spirit!" Meaning she will need a knockout personality to make up for the ugliness!!


5 comments:

Melissa said...

Baby birds are hideous... but give them a week or so and they'll be darling :)
And that's too funny about the sweet spirit!! Your Dad didn't need to worry - you're beautiful :)

dustin and jessie said...

Are they any cuter today? And by the way, you are beautiful AND have a FABULOUS personality!

Ashton & Co. said...

Those pictures are awesome! My girls love finding cracked bird eggs. I'm going to show them these pics in the morning!!

Heather said...

How neat! Jonah would totally think that was the coolest thing!

BTW, balling at your sweet comment on my blog. We can't wait to see her. Thanks for your words of encouragement. You're a great friend & I'm so happy we can K.I.T. :)

P.S. Missed you at Lynda's while sewing. Perhaps later in life.

matt sloan said...

Your girls are seriously so dang cute! Hope you guys are loving your new home and state!!!