Saturday, February 23, 2008

Rock 'N' Roll

Last month I ran in the P.F. Chang's Rock 'N' Roll half marathon. Kenney and the girls came to cheer me on at mile 5 of the race. He brought the camera to take pictures BUT... The night before the race I charged the camera battery and set the camera out for Kenney ... unfortunately I forgot to put the battery back into the camera and he didn't notice it until he got the camera out to take pictures. So I don't have any pictures. But I got this in the mail today, so this is a good as it's going to get! I finished in 2:23. I really didn't have a "goal" in mind as far as time was. My only goal was to actually finish! I was able to run the entire time without walking and that was a big deal for me. I just have to say that was one of the coolest things I have ever done. I absolutely love a challenge. I love to be pushed. I love working hard towards something and then accomplishing it. There was this quote I came across one time is says something along the lines of... "The pain you fell is only temporary but the feeling you will feel at the finish line will last forever." The feeling at the finish line was incredible. During the last mile of the race I was pumped with this insane amount of energy. I was thinking back over the past few month and what my little family had gone thru while I was training. From Kenney's countless trips to the ER and being in ICU for a week to Olivia's trip to the ER and all the other things life brought our way, I couldn't help but get a bit choked up. I'm a dork when in comes to that stuff. I know I had a smile from ear to ear for like a week! 13.1 miles was perfect. It was enough to be a challenge, but not too much that it killed me! I will definitely do another! In fact my entire family is going to do the DISNEYLAND HALF MARATHON over Labor Day! I am so excited for that!!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Disneyland Marathon? Sounds like my kind of marathon! Congrats on your success! I hate running... so I'm always amazed and impressed with those who truely enjoy it :)

Natalie said...

Congrats!! That is awesome!

The Mullins said...

You are Superwoman!!!

Marie said...

So very AWESOME - You are a SUPERWOMAN!

dustin and jessie said...

You were grinning from ear to ear AND head to toe! I was all choked up knowing what you accomplished too! You are an amazing woman and great example to me. Keep it up! Love ya, mom and dad

Heather Brown said...

Don't feel bad, I just got choked up reading it. That is an awesome accomplishment and you are truly an inspiration to me as I am sure to many other people!!!