This happened awhile ago and I am now officially ok to talk about it without freaking out! I unfortunately didn't get any pictures because I was too upset/frazzled but I have to write this down so I never forget!
Remember some of the great stories I have told of my sweet Livy...
Remember this? (click on link)
And this?
Yes this child is CRAZY. She's not mean, she doesn't hurt people... she is just insane!! But is so full of life. She is the girl that keeps me on my toes. She makes me laugh so hard everyday to the point of tears. And let's face it, she's consistent! There is definitely never a dull moment when she's around. Here's another great story for the books!
Without going into way too much detail and having to write an incredibly long story...
If your child empties the entire bottle of this onto her head and rubs it in (just so you know it's petroleum jelly based)
*Dumping an insane amount of baby powder onto the greased head... doesn't take it out.
*Drenching the entire head in vinegar... only smells bad
*Covering the head in peanut butter.... again doesn't work.
*BUT covering the head in olive oil and then dawn dish soap... life saver!!
My dearest friend Aubree was over thank goodness when Olivia walked in with a head full of goo. I was left speechless in my tracks. Aubree took Liv to the tub and I googled "removing petroleum jelly from hair." There were several different remedies. We tried them all until we found one that worked. The picture you have in your head of the mass confusion trying to figure out how to de-grease my child's hair is exactly how it was! Thankfully we got it out after about 50 tries. When Kenney got home from work the house reeked of Vinegar and Peanut butter he was afraid to ask about my day!!
Thanks for reminding me of this great story Aubree!

5 comments:
That would have been good info to have about 7 years ago when Red did something very similar... glad you found something that worked!!
Wow!! Livy sure loves to explore and find things out for herself! She sends you on some really wild rides! Good thing you are a good detective!
I do believe that the first question I asked you was if you got a picture.... OH man I wish you would have!! I think that would have been my first reaction, but I can only imagine yours!!!
Holy COW! What exciting mothering moments you have!!
This truly has to be one of the most outstanding Livy moments. Just thinking of that rank smell of vinegar/peanut butter burns the nostrils! So funny!
Post a Comment