We had a great Father's Day! Kenney was pampered like a king all day long and even had a 3 hour nap! Hailey sang in Sacrament Meeting and was so proud of herself. She did so great! We took Rosco to the dog park where he had to leave because he couldn't get along with the other dogs, so we went on a nature hike instead. Then we came home and had pazookies! Yummy. It was such a good day.
We tucked the girls in bed and then went downstairs to start painting the play room. We finished up for the night and as Kenney and I were walking up the stairs we heard a loud bang. Olivia fell out of bed. She was screaming at the top of her lungs and was dry heaving. Kenney decided to take her the the ER. He called about 30 minutes later and told me Olivia has a broken collar bone. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do for a collar bone other than put it in a sling. This is the saddest thing to me. She is so active and is quickly finding out that her activity will be very limited for the next few weeks. We have an appointment at the Orthopaedics doctor today and will find out exactly what we need to do for this little munchkin. (We are using our really old camera until our new one gets here... we had a great camera, but our future photographer Hailey dropped it on the sidewalk! So, sorry for the bad pics!)
We tucked the girls in bed and then went downstairs to start painting the play room. We finished up for the night and as Kenney and I were walking up the stairs we heard a loud bang. Olivia fell out of bed. She was screaming at the top of her lungs and was dry heaving. Kenney decided to take her the the ER. He called about 30 minutes later and told me Olivia has a broken collar bone. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do for a collar bone other than put it in a sling. This is the saddest thing to me. She is so active and is quickly finding out that her activity will be very limited for the next few weeks. We have an appointment at the Orthopaedics doctor today and will find out exactly what we need to do for this little munchkin. (We are using our really old camera until our new one gets here... we had a great camera, but our future photographer Hailey dropped it on the sidewalk! So, sorry for the bad pics!) Livy was in a lot of pain... but despite all that, she was able to keep a smile on her face. Maybe it was the Tylenol with codeine kicking in!

This is the ONLY time she has ever had a doughnut and bacon in the same meal... and to top it off she's eating it on the couch. It grosses me out, but she was in heaven! When Kenney woke up he was shocked I was letting her have that and then super happy because there was enough for him to eat too! 
We love you Livy Lou, get better soon!
17 comments:
SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A VERY EVENTFUL FATHERS DAY. GLAD TO HEAR THAT EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OKAY.
Sorry to hear about Livy ;( Hope she gets better soon!!! And as far as her first time having bacon and donuts together for breakfast, don't be so sure about that.
That is so sad! I hope she feels better soon. It's so pitiful to see a small child in pain. I'm glad it wasn't more serious and that she'll be okay!
Oh man poor Livy. That is so sad. Glad to see she is still smiling. She is so adorable. Hope it heals fast!!!
Oh no! That's not fun :( I hope that everything goes well and she heals fast!
I love your parent's comment... my kids get root beer for breakfast when we go home :)
Oh, poor livy!!! Sad!!
That just breaks my heart!! Poor girl!
Oh I'm so sorry! it is no fun having a broken coller bone! It hurts so bad. Poor little cutie!
Mandy, I was so happy to come across your blog! Wow, what a big move your family made. I didn’t thank you enough for helping me out so much by watching my kids while I was finished packing and loading our moving truck. You were a life saver! Just so you know, WesLee still talks about how he’s gonna marry Hailey Abbott someday, and every time Faith wears her apron, she remembers Olivia’s lady bug party. Poor girl, I hope she heals up quickly! -glenda :)
oh my goodness mandy? are you serious? poor livy! she is a trooper. you have had an eventful month. glad to see you are liking it there so much!
Oh man!
I bet she hates the limiting part of all that.
Oh and the pain..
I'm glad to hear she's ok though and that she's still smiling. Poor thing.
Sounds like you all had a day to remember!
Oh, so sorry Olivia! That must have been a BIG fall! Just this week Chloe broke her finger! But she's been great about it. So did you finish painting the play room?
Bummer! Crazy thing though that the exact same thing happened to me when I was her age :( Bed, collar bone, sling and all. I don't recall any bacon and donuts though ;( I'm sure your house is coming along so cute.
Ah leave it Liv! Of all the many times she has fallen down and done crazy things and now this! After she was just trying to catch some zzz's. So sad!
What a trooper- how scary to see her so upset! I hope she feels better soon! Love your posts!
I'm SO sorry! Gosh, you guys sure keep busy no matter where you live! The girls look just as beautiful as ever! Tell Livy that we hope she feels better soon!
My 3 year old son broke his collar bone today. Tell me how you got through the first few nights? He has been screaming out in pain about every 20 minutes and I just don't know what to do.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Chrissy
the fratzels at yahoo dot com
Post a Comment