Saturday, June 28, 2008

Memories of me...

I saw this on my friend Marie's blog and thought it was cute, so now here it is on my bog!
Here are the directions:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you

20 comments:

Aubree said...

Let's start this memory thing off with a bang...first off, I remember holding Liv in relief society and I had no idea whose baby I was holding, I remember the awesome talk you gave during an Enrichment night on marriage, I remember all the many times you came to visit teach me even when it wasn't convienent for me, I remember your awesome leather couch that provided so many good laughs/cries/naps/chats, I remember our trip to Cali with Hailey, Girls Camp, rolling your arm up in the window, watching the kid biff it on his skateboard at Sonic, Tiggle Tuesdays, the awesome painting you gave me on my birthday, QT runs, church softball, camping with my family, your timely phone calls/visits/texts when I was going thru my divorce, I could go on. You are truly the best example and friend anyone could ask for! Love ya!

Heather Brown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather Brown said...

WOW!!! Where do you start on something like this?? I can't leave just one memory. I always remember trying to be cool so I could hang out with you and your friends and I finally go the chance when you were in college!!! I loved playing pepper out in the front yard or going to the park and playing all day. What about when the Transtrum kids were staying with us and Ash and Nat went to the park and we were all sitting on the couch when the parents got home and they knew something was wrong? That was pretty funny! Moving to arizona and when we were over at Russ's apartment and letting the cars drvie by and splashing us!! Getting Wanda! Playing volleyball, I remember always trying to be as good as you so we could play on the same team, but it never happened... I have always looked up to you. You are the only one that believed in me when no one else thought I could get through something. You were always there for me when I need a shoulder to cry on or someone to laugh with... Being at the hospital when Hailey was born. You being there for me when Madi was born since my husband couldnt be, you were there every step of the way getting me through a pregnancy.. Whenever I had a question I could call you and you would have the perfect response... Showing me how to make bows for Madi so she could be as cute as your kids!! Making her 4th of July skirt cuz you are so freakin talented!!! You are amazing!!!! I could go ON AND ON!!! All I know is that you are the most amazing women, mother, wife, sister and friend!!! I love you!!!!

Ashton & Co. said...

OH my, you were a HUGE part of my childhood. The biggest memory I have is our incredible trip to Sin City with your dad and Justin (and your cousin?). Meeting Mickey Mantle and Barry Sanders has always been a claim to fame for me! Our hotel room stunk, but atleast we got to go ride water slides! Loved that trip!

dustin and jessie said...

How to condense a lifetime of memories into a small comment. I can't, so I just want to say I have loved you from the minute you were born and always will. I am proud to be called "Dad" by you and that you are my daughter. Oh and sorry about the stinky hotel room.

Cisneros Family said...

This is a great post about memories. I loved being your neighbor and friend. We had some great times. You had the sweetest parties in your basement. I remember playing "light as a feather, stiff as a board" for hours. I remember putting on makeup for the first time at your house, the bright blue and pink eyeshadow, yes, we were beautiful. We played cabbage patch dolls forever. We had those dolls with the wire hair, which you could style. We had some good times. Thanks for good memories.

dustin and jessie said...

I'm with your dad . . . too many to start to list . . . unless you want me to put up the one you always love me to tell of your first tantrum . . . :)

gina said...

Playing night games while our parents played cards. I think of my childhood and those were my favorite memories!

Ellen said...

Every time I walked into the gym and saw that you were teaching class my heart was happy... we miss you and so does my heart!!!

Kippy said...

My "memory" of you includes ALL the super nice things you did for me, going above and beyond, as my V.T. You brought me over the cutest daisies on mother's day, swedish fish before I headed off to our lake powell vacation, and just calling to see how I was a few random days. You are such a nice and good person. Oh, and I am so jealous you are all settled in your new house, and cutely perfectly decorated! I love the pillows you sewed! I need HELP!

Melissa said...

Anything and everything that ever had to do with spending time at Grandma's house!! :D I also remember coming and staying at your house as a kid. It was always fun to be with you guys!

Bekah: said...

boot camp baby... you are my hero. and many many more memories :)

Christy said...

Mandy! Let's see, since I haven't actually seen you since you're wedding reception (yeah, I was there!) I have to go waaaaaaay back...
I remember running through puddles with you at school when it was pouring and flooding and getting yelled at by Mrs. Gibson because we were soaking wet, seminary and your mom teaching us, your truck and all the times it "forgot to start," junior prom and how you went with Tug and I went with JUSTIN!, the only time my parents ever let me spend the night at someones house on a school night, being goofy with you all the time, and you always being there for me senior year in the midst of all the Freitas drama.
That was all like, 12 years ago! Crazy!

Christy said...

ha ha, and who can forget your crazy neighbor Robin!!!!

Kris & Amy said...

Hmmmm...Oh so many good ones! :) Lets see, remember that lake trip we took, slept in the back of my truck and then everyone left us in the morning? So then when we finally got to ride on the boat we were going along and I fell out of my swimsuit? Oh my. And it was right when you started dating Kenney so lots of talks about him! :)

Marie said...

I remember you NOT riding the rollercoaster in Vegas cuz you were prego, but nobody really knew. I rember holding your husbands hand - on accident - sorry about that, but still hilarious everytime I think about it. I remember asking you millions of pregnancy questions during my first pregnancy, and a million more during my second. I remember how inspiring you were to me when you starting teaching at the gym. You helped me beleive I could do it too. I remember so many awesome chats at lunch, the zoo, while picking up the kids from preschool. And of course I remember the show we got from the orangutans at the zoo. We have had so many fun memories together. Can't wait til your two years is up and we can make more!

Tyson & Tera Smith said...

Oh gees, I'm trying to think of the best. Well, though it sounds super cheesy now...driving "the route" past all the boys' houses we had crushes on, going a super secret way and then playing "nitro's" on the way down the hill. That time we stuffed as much angel food cake in our mouths that we couldn't speak...shopping at savers for hours and the time you convinced the cashier that you should definatly have a discount on the pocahontas sandles. Do you remember any of this?? Oh and when Amanda & I came to visit you in AZ, we went shopping and all bought our rainbow racer flipflops (that I STILL have) & drove home in your old truck in our bras cause it was so hot. There's so many more but I'll stop there:) I sure miss you!

mY dEwDrOpS said...

girls camp last year! what a blast! the ride up there was a ton of fun, trying to back up the trailor in the truck that doesn't reverse ;)

Jennifer Larson said...

Hey Mandy I found your blog from Bekah's I hope you don't mind. One of my memories of you is that you are fun loving. I also remember that you always did your girls hair so cute. Well I came across this website and I thought of you.
http://shedoeshair.blogspot.com/
Not that you need any help because you do an awesome job. Visit my blog sometime at http://larsonmemories.blogspot.com
Jenn

Logan & Lindy said...

I am so late on this but... better last then never!

When I was on bedrest you were the biggest the life saver ever! Cleaning my house for 2 hours!!! Many dinners, sonic drinks, Wendys lunches and YUMMY chicken noodle soup! The many many magazines. Phone calls. The list could go on forever of the amazing things you have done for our family!