Saturday, June 7, 2008

Trash day

When we woke up this morning, it looked like this outside. It's really pretty... but let me tell you, it smacks you right in the face when you walk into it. We have had some terrible storms and that is moisture in the air. Yikes. It has been so humid.
So our neighborhood has a crazy trash system. Tuesday & Friday: regular trash pick up. Wednesday: yard trash pick up and Thursday: recycling. The rules are pretty strict, for the yard trash it has to be in clear bags and if it's branches they have to be bundled together but have to be no longer that 5 feet and no thicker than 36 inches. BUT... once a year they have a free-for-all. They call it the "neighborhood trash day" It's unlimited trash with no rules. Other than white goods (the lovely dryer you see) there was a $30 charge for that. Well, the tenants before us left so much junk under the back porch and there have been many sweaty days cleaning up after them. The trash day came at the perfect time! So we took full advantage. I'll have you all know that I am very anal when it comes to organizing. Everything has a place and if it's not if it's place I tend to get crabby! My heart really starts to race when I see clutter. So when all this stuff was left I was indeed very unhappy. But, when it was all picked up... my heart did at least 10 back flips! Here's some awesome pictures of all the junk. The only things that are ours were the moving boxes. They got rained on this past week. That was really fun to carry them out to the curb. They smelled fantastic.
Are you kidding me?
The only thing the HOA asked is that if you have a lot of stuff... that you be willing to help load it onto the truck.
This is how happy I was when we were finished! Hailey is still learning to work the camera, but you get the point!
Happy Day! Happy Day!


6 comments:

dustin and jessie said...

I Love that you get so excited about that kind of stuff!! WOW what a lot of TRASH! So great that they timed it just right for your move into the neighborhood!

Ashton & Co. said...

How are you? It looks like you've been SLIGHTLY busy (I can tell from the trash!:) Cute pics as always. I appreciate your pics- I went to D.C. When we were in fourth grade, so seeing your pictures brings my memories back... Keep them coming!

Logan & Lindy said...

Wow thats alot of trash! I am sure you house is so organized already!!! So lets see pictures of the inside. I am so exited to see it!!!

Kippy said...

That storm is insane! Looks like fun though too since we rarely get those here. I have no doubt that house of your is so organized. I love to organize, but you are a pro at it! It looks like you guys are having a great time out there and we are so happy for you.

Emily Weber said...

Wow Mandy, Your house is so cute! I bet you're loving it now that you're rid of all the junk! I'm the same way! I HAVE to be unpacked and organized within a week,TOPS! :)

Tyson & Tera Smith said...

Wow, you've been having lots of fun!! You sound just like me about the organizing thing. I am the same way!! Too bad my husband is totally opposite and so on a daily basis I have some sort of breakdown because I find things totally in the wrong places.
Well, it looks like you've made a lot of progress. Good job!