The past few days, the girls have been on each other's every nerve... and to be honest on my nerves too. I love my girls and I love my time with them. Lately though it has been too much time! We are together 24/7. The girls haven't made any friends yet, and with Liv's arm.. we have been at the house pretty much all day long. We go outside here and there but with all this "togetherness" we have really started to irritate each other. Kenney is really good about giving me a "break." He will come home and say, "Go ahead and take a break, I'll hang out with the girls." I will usually go somewhere. Target, JoAnn's, etc. But this time I wanted a break from the girls, but I didn't want to have to go anywhere. Despite my best efforts, Kenney wouldn't let me sell the girls on craigslist.... So, he took them for the whole day on Saturday! They rode The Metro into DC and went to The National Aquarium. He is such a good dad. The girls love him more than I can even put in words. They had a great time! I look at this picture and just fall in love with him all over again! Although you can't see the cape tied around his neck... I know it's there! Kenney, you are my hero!
Livy looks so happy to be there! Kenney said she really was happy, but when he pulled out the camera she put a mad face on! It's the funny girl in her I guess! ( Liv was able to ditch the sling! In a few weeks she will have another x-ray to make sure everything is growing back together!)
Speaking of funny girl, Hailey loves to pull faces too!

And a trip downtown is never complete without ice cream!
And this is what I did all day... I finished sewing the pillows for our couch. I still need to get some plants and whatnot to finish the room, but here it is for now! And just so you know, I was in my pj's all day. The closest I got to getting ready for the day at all was brushing my teeth!
I actually finished the playroom earlier in the week, but here are a few pictures of it! Kenney and I painted and I sewed the valances. All the porcelain dolls were mine when I was little and the beautiful quilts my grandma had made for the girls. 
Livy looks so happy to be there! Kenney said she really was happy, but when he pulled out the camera she put a mad face on! It's the funny girl in her I guess! ( Liv was able to ditch the sling! In a few weeks she will have another x-ray to make sure everything is growing back together!)
Speaking of funny girl, Hailey loves to pull faces too!
And a trip downtown is never complete without ice cream!
And this is what I did all day... I finished sewing the pillows for our couch. I still need to get some plants and whatnot to finish the room, but here it is for now! And just so you know, I was in my pj's all day. The closest I got to getting ready for the day at all was brushing my teeth!
I actually finished the playroom earlier in the week, but here are a few pictures of it! Kenney and I painted and I sewed the valances. All the porcelain dolls were mine when I was little and the beautiful quilts my grandma had made for the girls. 
It's such a bummer that our landlord wouldn't let us paint this awful wood paneling, but I guess it adds to the "Vintage" feel of the room! The blankets folded up were mine and Kenney's blankets. My parents gave me the picture of the girl at the beach and I painted the H and O. Too bad the girls initials spell "HO" but turned around is "OH" so that's not too bad. I told Kenney if there ever was a 3rd child it's name would have to start with a "T" So the initials could spell "HOT" instead of "HO"! But in case you don't know... there won't be a third! Baby factory is closed and broken!!! Thank you to the hysterectomy I had last year!
Now, it's a new week. (Thank goodness!) Hopefully I can be more patient. Hopefully the girls can refrain from killing each other and hopefully you won't see them turn up on craigslist!! Hailey got a friend's phone number at church. Hopefully they can set up a play date! She had a breakdown on Saturday night because she misses her friend Emma. So, here's to a great week... HOPEFULLY!!
Now, it's a new week. (Thank goodness!) Hopefully I can be more patient. Hopefully the girls can refrain from killing each other and hopefully you won't see them turn up on craigslist!! Hailey got a friend's phone number at church. Hopefully they can set up a play date! She had a breakdown on Saturday night because she misses her friend Emma. So, here's to a great week... HOPEFULLY!!
10 comments:
That is so great you got some 'ME' time- EVERYONE wins when mom gets time to herself :) I love all the pictures of everything you have done to the house! It looks great- and I am in love with the pink playroom and valances- I need to figure out how to make those! Nice Job :)
How awesome that Kenney would do that! He needs to teach Jason some lessons when he gets home!!! haha. I love the rooms. You make ANYTHING look so dang cute!!!
Hi Mandy! So good to hear from you guys, it looks like you're doing awesome! Your girls are SO gorgeous, I can hardly believe our kids are so grown up! Jared did finish school, we have been living back in Mesa and he's been flying for 3 years now. He loves it, but we do miss him when he's gone. Where are you guys, and what is Kenney doing? Your house looks beautiful, I love the girly playroom :)
Kenney is a HERO and so are you, my goodness you have gotten so much done. . . Can't wait to see all of you!
Moving is always so hard... and being with the kids around the clock isn't a picnic either! Hurray for Kenny for taking the girls out for a day! Your home is beautiful!! You have a an amazing talent when it comes to decorating!
Thank you so much for your comment! It totally made my day! Especially coming from someone who has two beautiful kids of her own!
Your house looks great! And I LOVE your yard!! I'm so jealous! But I'm glad you got a little "Mandy time" and I hope this week goes better. I'll keep checking craigs list though, we could use some girlyness here at our house. :)
Gotta love it when dad takes the kids. John took the boys to the movies on Sat, and I actually got to clean a bathroom - HOORAY!
What a nice break! Love the pillows and that play room is darling!
SMALL WORLD!!! Your family is absolutely adorable. So good to hear from you. What are you doing in VA? Loved to see the pics of the old townhouse. Gotta love Eastbrook/Stratford! BTW - Darren is Thomas's brother. Can't believe we never put it together that you were from there and would know him and Rachel!
That is so nice that you got your much needed alone time. Mom's rarely get that :) Your house is looking great! You are a great decorator!
Post a Comment